• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ROGER C

1. R

Sutton Coldfield to Stirling Motorail Car Sleeper

Not quite Birmingham but have a photo of Anzac at Lichfield Low Level in Nov 63 hauling a fitted freight southwards. If you would like I will forward when I find how this site works!!
  2. R

Childhood Memories Of Trains

Thanks Timbo. I have to disagree slightly. The train I remember was not a pick up goods but solely coal/coke. Loaded to around 40 wagons It usually arrived at Four Oaks around 4.25 pm. Always a Westhouses 18B loco. This would have been 1961/2. Wonder if the loco ever went onto Aston shed? I...
  3. R

Childhood Memories Of Trains

Does anyone remember the daily coal or coke train to Windsor Street Gasworks? This originated in the Chesterfield area and was usually hauled by an 8F 2-8-0 from Westhouses shed. In the early 60s it as invariably held at Four Oaks waiting for signals. I often used to visit the footplate...
  4. R

Sutton Coldfield to Stirling Motorail Car Sleeper

Thanks everyone. Came across this thread while bored with mild covid. I used to live near Butlers Lane Halt and took the DMU to Sutton n schooldays. Imagine my shock when getting off the train I saw an immaculate clan pacific 72005 in the bay platform with the Sleeper stock. I was late for...
Back