• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by roger a

1. roger a

Where is This? Pubs # 8

I think its The Broadway.
  2. roger a

Bull Ring Shops

Hi Terrace wasn,t the menswear shop called Nelson House? don,t know what the record shop was called.
  3. roger a

Ward End

Ive been reading a book called" Ward End from ancient times to the present day"wrote by Ken Govier.its quite a good read.I think you can only buy it in the Ward End area well worth £6. best wishes.
  4. roger a

The turks head...closed

my daughter lives opp it and it was open last night.it was shut for painting but it is open again now best wishes
  5. roger a

Old tv programmes

does anybodie remember the show they made about a fishing club in Small Heath.I think they used the roost pub by the blues ground and i think the star of the show was the chap who was married to Jill in Crossroads.It would of been in the early 80s.theres one to pick the bones from.Best Wishes
  6. roger a

old central news clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46XpwoHa0A&feature=related cant get over how young bob is.
  7. roger a

Typhoo Tea Bordesley Street Digbeth

it was just off Fazeley street but typoo bay is in fazeley st iv a picture somwhere ill upload it when i find it.73 de roger (m3aom)
  8. roger a

Where and When.

Hi Peter Hows it going?im afraid its not ward end there was a iron fence round the bottom end of ward end park and there is also a wall at the bottom end about 3ft high.it looks like cannon hill to me.
  9. roger a

Anyone know this one?

ive heard the saying "You,ve got the luck of the pox doctor"
  10. roger a

Astoness ( lyn )

i was very sorry to hear about your sad loss my thoughts are with you.god bless
  11. roger a

Adkins/Kerr/Woolley

Im a Adkins but we came from the Edgebaston area of birmingham.Best Wishes with your research
  12. roger a

The Bull

Hi all somebody told me this pub never used to be called The Bull.Wonder What It Used to be called?Its On Price Street.
  13. roger a

The Britannia Lichfield Road Aston

cheers Pedro now i know.
Back