• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ROCK N ROLL FOR EVER

1. R

Paynes shoe repairs

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you I dont remember Albert plant I worked there from 1958 to 1961
  2. R

Paynes shoe repairs

Hello Val.rember was 15/16 years old & paynes did employ a lot off youngsters in those days,so I would not have been paid the full rates,I started proceedings in 1960/1 & in 1964 was awarded £1,100.which was enough to buy a 3 bedroom terraced house in those days, My wife Carol was working in...
  3. R

Paynes shoe repairs

Sorry I made a mistake on my weekly pay it should have been £2.10s per week not as stated in my previous posting of £1.10s
  4. R

Paynes shoe repairs

I used to work at the Vicaridge Road Kings Heath shop in 1959 & lost my right eye working there with a cobblers knife they then moved me to the factory in Mosley & I worked in the factory/warehouse on the leather presses & I then lost my thumb & smashed up another finger,They then they started...
Back