• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RobT's latest activity

• RobT
    RobT reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread What do you watch on tv nowadays ? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I just wish that they would stop spoiling my enjoyment of the adverts with the odd pieces of programme. Bob
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread See Birmingham by Post Card.
    Because it's Two's own postcard, very similar but with slight differences This is Bob Davis's postcard on the right which he kindly...
    • bromford-lane-2.jpg
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Old street pics...
    This is my take on where 181 - 169 is positioned using oldMohawk's excellent image
    • Miller-Street-3M2.jpg
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Old street pics...
    Map from 1950 (showing numbering of properties in Miller Street Above the word Corporation is newer tram depot building which replaced...
    • Miller Street.JPG
    • Miller Streetresidents 1920.JPG
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Old street pics.. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    An aerial view dated 1951 looks as if it identifies the location of the Miller Street bomb damage photo. I've marked the tall building...
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to Two's post in the thread See Birmingham by Post Card with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Bromford Lane - from Post #2,048
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Where is it, Birmingham #9 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Some of the pictures he took were quite remarkable for someone who had been right handed. He didn’t use a tripod, but would find things...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Grandma's Shop.
    Map here shown in red is 245 St. Andrews Road 1930's Kelly's shows Henry Martin Morris as Shopkeeper As a bit of added information 1915...
    • 245 st andrews road.png
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread The Onion Fair.
    This although NOT the Onion Fair, Should bring back many memories of Pat Collins Funfair, and the Wonderland 98 Key Marenghi Organ, also...
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to G G Jean's post in the thread The Onion Fair with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This is my dad looking at what I think was Goliath.
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Handsworth.
    There was one at the junction of Hamstead Road & Villa Road...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread The Onion Fair.
    Sorry this engine is Burrell Showmans Road Locomotive, 3651 "Earl Kitchener" - Built in 1915, HR 3964 This is Goliath
    • goliath.jpg
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Computer help please..
    Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 for free? Without losing files/photos on computer? It's not for me just...
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to sospiri's post in the thread Toy/Model Shops City Centre with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Posts #97, #124 & #132 referred to the Dippy or Drinking Bird. But how does it work? I came acropss this explanation the other day, so...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Passey Rd Sparkhill.
    Maurice are you aware of this photograph taken in 1940? Recently I made a friend of the gentleman whose Grandmother lived at 203 Knowle...
    • Knowle Road 1940.jpg
    • Knowle Road 1950 map.jpg