• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RobT's latest activity

• RobT
    RobT replied to the thread ARMY AND NAVY TAVERN BARFORD ST.
    List of premises from 1867 Birmingham Post Office Directory Here's a map for 1890 (41-42 Barford Street South), later map (238 -240...
    • 1867 Barford st south.JPG
    • 1890 Barford st south map.JPG
    • 238-240 Barford Street.JPG
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to MWS's post in the thread Looking for Paula (Miss Margaret’s Shop) with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Unfortunately this appears to be her...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Help on area..
    Well done Radiorails, just beat me to it, found another photo taken I believe from the same place. Map showing route of tram in first...
    • EPSON102C.jpg
    • newhall-hill2.jpg
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to Radiorails's post in the thread Help on area. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The photograph is of the Parade, the distant tram is still descending Summer Row. It is April 1939. The 80 route did go to St. Paul's...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Help on area..
    Could it possibly be outside 296 Heath Street, Birmingham 18? There was a Challingsworth Limited, Iron Founders which had something to...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Coach Smith.
    A coachsmith was a smith who forged by hand or under a power hammer the iron work used in the building of railway or tramway coaches...
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to Lloyd's post in the thread Bus conversions with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This former bus with a van body was used to take cash from garages to the bank. All quite heavy stuff when all fares were collected in...
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Tommy Ball Murder.
    You might want to check this other thread already on this site...
  • RobT
    Yes at least some of Series 1 is on youtube
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 13 Adelaide Terrace, Erskine Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think is is an embankment. So the railway lines are on a different level to Oak Cottage. Probably a fence as well.
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread 13 Adelaide Terrace, Erskine Street.
    According to the index for that scale of map they're slopes
    • slopes.JPG
  • RobT
    The position of this Terraced House reminds me of when we lived in Booth Street, Near Handsworth & Smethwick Station, we were invited to...
  • RobT
    13 Aderlaide Terrace is shown where the red dot is on this 1950 map
    • adelaide terrace.JPG
  • RobT
    RobT reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Help with Handwriting with Appreciate Appreciate.
    To confirm, in electoral rolls for 1920, Frederick Usher was at 107 Gerrard St with Ada & Rosa Thomas
  • RobT
    RobT replied to the thread Help with Handwriting.
    My guess would be Gerrard St, Lozells, Birmingham 19