• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

robert's latest activity

• R
    Nice tribute from Steve Winwood on his FB page. Statement on the passing of Spencer Davis: “I’ve known Spencer since I was about 13–he...
  • R
    robert reacted to sospiri's post in the thread Prefabs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    If it's a roof over your head and it's warm, who cares? :) Maurice :cool:
  • R
    robert reacted to Morturn's post in the thread Prefabs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Indeed Maurice. I recall how people defined themselves by how white their net curtains were compared with everyone else’s.
  • R
    robert replied to the thread Where is this?.
    Judging by the vehicles Viv I think its post war, early 60s perhaps
  • R
    robert reacted to Alan61's post in the thread T. Elvins & Sons Ltd with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi all, this has stirred up some memories! I'm Alan Stapley I was a Trainee Quantity Surveyor from 1979 until I think about 1985. Lots...
  • R
    robert reacted to oldbrit's post in the thread Elmdon Airport with Appreciate Appreciate.
    We have flown on 747 several times but we did fly last year on 787 from Denver Colorado to Heathrow now that is a great craft. Got First...
  • R
    robert reacted to Morturn's post in the thread Hobbies 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have recently been having a go at painting in watercolour. I have always been very inspired by the work our very own Eric does, he...
  • R
    robert reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Hobbies 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Love it. Are you sure you are not a reincarnation of Rowland Emmet?
  • R
    robert replied to the thread Messages - a milestone.
    And I've enjoyed reading every one of them. ( well almost ).
  • R
    robert reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Messages - a milestone with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Today we’re likely to reach half a million messages across 31000+ threads. A milestone ! Thanks to all our members. Viv.
  • R
    robert reacted to ChrisM's post in the thread Oops with Appreciate Appreciate.
    And every single one of them much appreciated, Eric, the years and the paintings! Chris
  • R
    robert replied to the thread WHO CARES A NEW WAY HOME 1959.
    I think the new homes where around great colmore st and lee bank road.
  • R
    robert replied to the thread Sheldon Bombing.
    The shop showing in the photo was Johnsons grocers, the last time I passed it was a barber's shop. The person taking the photo would...