• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Robby63

1. R

Handsworth

The shop was run by a Gladys Folks, together with her family. I lived across the Road at No 38 Nineveh Rd until 1972 when we moved away. About 10 years ago and now then living in Halesowen, I took my daughter to Infant School and instantly recognised one of the teaching assistants as Jacqueline...
  2. R

December 2011 edition Missing Silver Trophy Bowl article

A further update - The bowl at the Urd Centre Llangranog is in fact a trophy and not a bowl. However Mr Alan Gripton the Gentleman in the white overall in the picture with the lady in the bowl has been in contact with me, he seems to think the bowl came back to A E Jones in 1976 for display at a...
  3. R

Boulton Road (Boulton County) Primary School, Handsworth

I went to Boulton Rd School between 1968 and 1972 until we moved. I used to live in Nineveh Road. I remember playing for the school football team run by a Mr Wright (he had very thick glasses) I remember some of the teachers. Miss or Mrs Davies in Infants, Mr Davies the Headmaster, Mr Neal one...
  4. R

Athletics in Birmingham in 1870's.

I have a feeling this is the Old Brummies Speedway Track
  5. R

As an update to this article, it would appear that a cousin of mine who lives in Wales has made some enquiries and has tracked the bowl down to an activity centre in Llangranog near Cardigan. I hope to visit in the New Year to view the bowl.
  6. R

Any of you who have read Decembers edition of Brummagem Magazine will have read my article on The Mystery of The Missing Trophy Bowl. For those of you who have not read it, in brief, My Grandfather in 1964 oversaw the maunufacture of a Silver Trophy bowl which at the time was considered to be...
Back