• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Richarddye

1. R

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Lynn, the problem is we DO accept it by doing nothing at the polling place! The problem is the people who make this stuff (globally) have more money than most of us. I thought it was bad un the USA on the cable channels but what is on tv in hotels in Central Europe and Asia is amazing. I am like...
  2. R

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Absolutely!
  3. R

In the Garden 2020

:)
  4. R

In the Garden 2020

5. R

Then & Now

OldMohawk, great photos, rode my bike through there many time to spot LMS and belonged to the 120th St Mary’s scout troop! Thank you for sharing....
  6. R

A TRIBUTE TO OLD BIRMINGHAM

Michael, I lived in Handsworth and went to all the same places! Great places to be!
  7. R

In the Garden 2020

Great picture Pedro!
  8. R

Occupations - Disappeared

Reading through this thread was mot interesting, I noticed all of the occupations that had disappeared but over time and somewhat gradually. Last year we went to an Apple store to buy my wife a new computer. We took with us her Mac pro (I'm not an Apple person) and wanted to transfer her...
  9. R

Occupations - Disappeared

Eric, I think they went the same way as the "punch card" operator............Replaced by electronics!
  10. R

printing problem

Arnold, most vehicle manufacturers in the US and elsewhere control their software to their dealers or authorized agents. For safety and emissions reasons (that's the story). I know that BMW & MB, Honda & Toyota do the same or they make the diagnostic equipment so expensive to buy that most small...
  11. R

Victoria Square

Thank you!
  12. R

Victoria Square

Bob, any idea what the vintage of the photo is?
  13. R

Victoria Square

Wonderful pomp and Glory! Was the glue that helped a lot together!
  14. R

printing problem

OldMohawk, had the same problem with my Edson and they would not run with anything But Eason ink! Then the head drive servo went crazy and I had to keep tricking it to HOME.
  15. R

printing problem

Pete, good luck with your Epson, mine was pretty good for sometime. Then support got expensive and they blocked the use of third party inks then changed the ink fountain on a trade in machine :-)