• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Richarddye

1. R

DISGUSTING FOOD

Janice, absolutely love rabbit and oxtail (separately) stew............I used to have blackcurrant or blackberry jam on my cold Yorkshire pudding!
  2. R

Christchurch Passage

Remember it so very well! Great memories............
  3. R

DISGUSTING FOOD

There is a restaurant near where I used to live. They sold four things: steak, lobster, baked potatoes and chips (french fries). They cooked the chips in the fat from the steak. They sell a LOT of chips!
  4. R

DISGUSTING FOOD

Of course!
  5. R

Gun Factories / Gun Quarter - Staff Lists ??

I remember when I was about 10 going with my uncle who had a farm close to Water Orton to look at his shot gun being made down Steelhouse Lane. We went down an alley back at least two houses into a dimly lit building where craftsman were doing their work. I remember the men wearing leather...
  6. R

THESE TRYING TIMES

I thought it was 21 when you got they key to the door (I was 12 so maybe thats the problem!). :cool:
  7. R

THESE TRYING TIMES

Maurice, I worked full time until I was 71. I stopped in part because the wheels fell off. When I was young never had anything (money) then maybe got smart & did quite well. Always active, cycling, football tennis the at 65 I had my first knee replaced then 6 months later the second then my hip...
  8. R

THESE TRYING TIMES

W WOW, very diligent I have about six passwords written down and also under two codes in Outlook!
  9. R

THESE TRYING TIMES

oldmMohawk, I am the same way, however I recently purchased a new wireless printer HP Office Pro (I did this right after I purchased $100 of ink for my old Epson that died!, amazing how that works.) When I installed the HP I took out the paper where I keep the password to our home wifi and the...
  10. R

Memorial day in the USA

Let us ALL hope in God's name that we never see anything like WW2 again!
  11. R

ITS GG Jean BIRTHDAY TODAY FOLKS

Jean, have a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL day!
  12. R

Railway infrastructure and engineering development

Devonjim, are any of these episodes available on YouTube?
  13. R

In the Garden 2020

We live in Franklin TN which is a few miles south of Music City (Nashville) where many music singers and song writers live. Now my wife is first generation Italian but born in Manhattan NY. When we fist got to TN I was working full time and traveling a lot. She got to really like country music...
  14. R

In the Garden 2020

Funny!