• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Richard1302

1. R

Nansen Road School

My friends to split up and went to various schools. Unfortunately we didn't keep in touch, but I did have one friend who also went to Washwood Heath Secondry School. She seemed to like it well enough. Of course we used to walk to school then, not many cars about to do things like the school...
  2. R

Nansen Road School

I do seem to remember the name Miss Wilde but I can't put any facts to the name. Mr Sheen was definitely Welsh. We went into his class in about the January. He had had the rest of the class for nearly 2 years. I found that difficult. Which secondry school did you go on to?
  3. R

Nansen Road School

Went up the stairs to the senior school when I was 11. First class Miss Mason who was lovely. Then came Mr Anderson I think it was.we had Miss Booth who we all also loved. Then Miss Piggot who was our pre fifth teacher .. we had Miss Preston who was firm but good. We could have left by now but...
  4. R

Nansen Road School

Just found this site myself. I went to the junior school. I was in a class run by a Miss Bunker. Then I think it was Miss Hammond, she really helped me along with my reading, which I have loved ever since. Then came Mr. Moor, I wasn't in his class long as 4 other girls and myself were put up...
  5. R

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

My dad's brother Uncle Almo was a sargeant in steel house lane for a number of years. I do remember going in there one day to visit him. That has to have been in the late 50's, early 60's. Unfortunately I really don't remember much more about him.
Back