• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Richard Canter

1. R

Researching My Grandfather

Thanks for info re bombing.
  2. R

Alberta, Thank you for the very interesting info. Please see my reply to Passertby. As i said in the reply all this information is helping me build a picture of Walters life. if anyone has any info on the fatal bombing raid and in particular the damage to Ludlow road then I will be most interested.
  3. R

Passertby, Thank you so much for the information. It is a great help in my research and having Ada's date of birth is brilliant. Ada was Walters wife. I was unaware that they married in Weymouth. (see Albertas post).I believe she met and married Mr Burton in Weymouth. He worked for the Water...
  4. R

Hi Janice, once again thank you for the additional information which i will definitely follow up.
  5. R

Hi Janice, Thank you for the info and link. Much appreciated. Apologies for not replying sooner. Do you know of any other sources for the Birmingham Blitz that might have more detailed information of the damage in that area ?
  6. R

I am wondering if any members can help me with my family history research. My grandfather (whom I never knew) was killed during an air raid 9/10th April 1941 aged 50. His name is Walter Canter (listed on The tree of Life Memorial). Understandably my father,an evacuee at the time of his fathers...
Back