• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by ricco

1. R

Salford House Erdington Birmingham

Those job papers are really interesting to see many thanks for sharing them, so i guess no photos of the house have come to light as yet?? Many thanks Ricco,,
  2. R

Salford House A.K.A. Hillside House

Hi Guys. Do any of you know of this old Lodge and it's proper name,, the house stood on the land near to the railway where chartley road is off slade road, Does anyone have any memories of it? also when was it pulled down? do any photo's exist of this building? many many thank's Ricco,,
  3. R

Millingtons

Hi Morturn thank you for the reply, when my mom used to collect me from slade road school i used to go to Millingtons we would do our weekly vegatable shopping there, i remember one man was a big guy with glasses & his wife worked there too?? the other guy was a grey haired thin man lovely...
  4. R

Millingtons

Does anyone remember Millingtons Green grosers slade road opposite slade road school??? has anyone got any photos of that shop? they where lovely people i think the grey haired man lived on Hillaries road? Many thanks Ricco,,,,
  5. R

Birmingham Skyline

Nice photo's there , thank you, Ricco,,,,
  6. R

Birmingham Skyline

Have to agree there!, i couldn't do that job:uncomfortableness: Ricco...
  7. R

Birmingham Skyline

I did find this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTQ1TCqjYMU Ricco,,,,
  8. R

Birmingham Skyline

Thank's Guy's, Phil nice photo's thank you, Ricco,,,,
  9. R

Birmingham Skyline

Hi Folks are there any view's from the top of the BT tower avallible?? are the public allowed up there do you know??? Many thank's Ricco,,,,
  10. R

Salford Park Photos Please

Is there a holy grail of footage ie of a tram journey from stockland green down the slade road under the railway bridge and onto litchfield road past the Salford park??? oh how i would love to see that or take that journey just to see what was where & what road's have gone around spaghetti...
  11. R

Hi Morturn Thank you for the reply, did they call the houses i live in Art's & craft style then?? very interesting indeed! your local knowledge is amazing sir! Many thank's, Ricco,,
  12. R

WOW!!!! David those photo's are great i had not seen 3 of them before great post indeed! do you have anymore please? Thank you David & all,, Ricco,,,,
  13. R

Is there a holy grail of footage ie of a tram journey from stockland green down the slade road under the railway bridge and onto litchfield road past the Salford park??? oh how i would love to see that or take that journey just to see what was where & what road's have gone around spaghetti...
  14. R

Hi Astonian very interesting read indeed,, do you have any photo's of the track being built or of the salford park please, many thank's, Ricco,,
  15. R

Thank you Morturn so they began building them around 1860 then,, really old houses i bet they had some great detail inside them! i live further down the slade road i think our houses under the bridge are newer one's?? Ricco,,,
Back