• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by red73

1. R

Baskerville residential school/ hospital Yewcroft School

Hi, carol, nice to hear from you, I was there 1947 - 1950, I had sydenams chorea ( st viruses dance) most of the other guests I read about were there 1960s, you were there 5 years after me, so you would probably remember Nurse Bell, she was very nice to us, Nurse Thomas, Sister Nichols, Miss...
  2. R

Hi Chris, thanks a million for this clip of Baskerville, it brought back many memories of my 3 year stay there, left in 1950. Red 73..
  3. R

Stamp Albums.

hi; everyone, i started collecting stamps when in hospital in 1947, used to exchange same with other boys there, I now have almost 100. 000 of them and still collecting, some are worth a small fortune, but are not for sale. A very fasinating hobby, and you learn a lot about the countries. red73
  4. R

hi, I have just found this site all about 'Baskerville' I was resident there for nearly 4 years, 1947-1950, I remember Miss Jenkins-headmistress,Miss Rook-and Miss Constable-teachers,Nurse Bell-very nice and kind to us, Nurse Thomas, Sister Nichols, and the caretaker Mr. Burrows who lived at the...
Back