• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by raz ullah

1. R

Courtyards and yards of brum

They might have been poor children but they look happy nowadays children have sour looking faces because the mobile phones glued to their heads are doing something to their brains.
  2. R

city centre pubs

3. R

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Hi Time Traveller 66 did you work at Barclays Bank in the Jewellery Quarter
  4. R

Hi Time Traveller 66 did you go to Rebeccas in town .
  5. R

Hi all does anyone remember Peppers in Erdington it was at the side of The Queens Head pub it was good there was a bloke in the Disco in a black leather jacket he would encourage the girls to have a ride on his motorbike i think his name was Ken not sure .
  6. R

Mermaid at Birmingham University

Hi all i worked there from 2000 to 2005 it was mostly good but there was a little irritating man there Mick Carolan he was a yes man to management .
  7. R

Kalamazoo

Hi all my wife,s friend Linda is married to Robert Preston, or Bob he worked at Kalamazoo for years .
  8. R

Pubs Of The Past

Hi all i think much later this building became Burlington Hall which housed our youth club which i went to when i was 14/15 years old it was good X
  9. R

Pubs Of The Past

Hi all we had our wedding reception there in 1974, £1.50 a head it was good , no honeymoon couldn't afford it afterwards back to our flat to start our married life together X
  10. R

Birmingham buses

Hi Astonian i used those tokens on the buses when i was an apprentice travelling to Brooklyn Tech in Great Barr from Clifton Road Aston that was between 1968 to 1972 they wouldn't need them nowadays because they have cars . x
  11. R

Bagot arms

Hi all my best mate Colin Hunt [rip] use to drink in there , manly for some company , not a bad pub back in the day but nowadays i think it is far too big its seen better days. Raz
  12. R

Ansells Brewery

Sorry about that just stating what a lot of Ansells Workers and Colin thought at the time of the strike.
  13. R

Ansells Brewery

Hi all i am thinking the building on the right is the old Picture House at Perry Barr i might be wrong .
  14. R

CLEWS connections politely requested, please

Hi all i new a John Clews between 1968 to 1972 he was our Woodworking Teacher at Brooklyn Tech Great Barr he was a nice bloke and we use to have a right laugh that was back in the day .
  15. R

Lost Birmingham Pubs

Reene the barmaid from The Temple Bar was brilliant she was about 75 years old and still doing a good job