• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ray Griffiths

1. Ray Griffiths

Unionist Club Aston

Can anybody tell where the Unionist Club was opened Nov 15th1907 Aston by A J Balfour MP
  2. Ray Griffiths

Dates of the first tramways up to Villa Cross from Heathfield Road, Villa Road, Lozells Road and Barker Street.

No trams ran in Heathfield Rd in later years it was abus route . CBT opened A route from Victoria Rd to Six Ways Aston27th Oct1904 extended to Aston Stn Dec that year, filly extended Gravelly Hill 25 March 1906. Steam Trams run down Lozells Rd the depot was the the site of the garage buildings...
  3. Ray Griffiths

Kingsthorne Cranbourne Rd School

Hi Dom. It’s great to hear from you Roy Parish used it live two house up from the school other end he was a good footballer played for the Aston Boys. Ronnie Jordan used to live just round the corner on Hurlingham Rd and Graham Wharton used to live on thr other side of the road up towards...
  4. Ray Griffiths

Tamworth field trainspotting

Thanks for sharing these pictures great pictures
  5. Ray Griffiths

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thornton's was to the right 0f Woolworth's in this picture it lay back further from the road.
  6. Ray Griffiths

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Hi Thornton’s was next to Woolworths which was the old cinema, I think I’ve got picture I’ll see Ican find it and post it. Woolworths later was taken over by MEB shop then the markettookover
  7. Ray Griffiths

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

The best channel at present is Sky Art channel 147 on freesat or channel 11 on freeview excellent programmes and it’s free. Series 1 of the Bay on ITV box
  8. Ray Griffiths

ASTON HALL ROAD

Hi Lyn Like the pictures the only one I can place is the last one near the pub. Did you not get my Email ? I asked how you thought I should place the repaired slides B4 B6 B18 B19 I got over 250 rough half Aston And half Lozells I think It's going to be to big to include them all on one lot. Ray
  9. Ray Griffiths

Saltley & Alum Rock

Hi Graham. Do you remember a Newton Family in Phillimore Rd
  10. Ray Griffiths

NewStreet Birmingham

I think that this type of bus had the the blue replace with red compulsory stops example half way down a hill to stop speeding or stops that was usually had a number of passengers pick up. Blue was request stops where passengers had to signal that they required the bus or tram
  11. Ray Griffiths

NewStreet Birmingham

Nice Picture any idea when it was taken ?
  12. Ray Griffiths

ASTON HALL AND PARK 1968 TO 71

Aston Hall & Park 21to 30 OK finished
  13. Ray Griffiths

Aston Hall & Park 11to 20
  14. Ray Griffiths

Aston Hall & Park 1to 10
  15. Ray Griffiths

SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS

I have no objection to you using these pictures but can I ask that you credit myself for the use of the original photographs.