• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ray evason's latest activity

• ray evason
    ray evason reacted to Phil's post in the thread Airships over Birmingham ? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    An old thread I know, but this photo was taken in 1932 and therefore is most likely the Graf Zeppelin over the Lucas works on Shaftmoor...
  • ray evason
    ray evason reacted to Stitcher's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    No.1 is The Red Cow on the corner of Bristol St. picture No.2 The Nottingham Arms on the corner of Bristol Passage and Bristol St...
  • ray evason
    ray evason reacted to Stitcher's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hello Big Gee, not many I'm afraid and the number is diminishing constantly. I have a friend who I worked with on the buses forty years...
  • ray evason
    ray evason reacted to Big Gee's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    How many of those lovely old boozers are still standing? I remember The Roebuck in my mis-spent youth. I think they had jazz there at...
  • ray evason
    This first picture of The Old Leather Bottle on Deritend High Street is from 1885. This is The Old Leather Bottle a few months...
  • ray evason
    ray evason replied to the thread Pubs Of The Past.
    Yes this is the old Dolphin pub,looking towards olton,Dolphin lane,just past the inn on the right was named after the pub,it stood...
  • ray evason
    There are too many posts to trawl through for me to check so forgive me if these have been used recently. I am hoping Mike or one of the...
  • ray evason
    ray evason reacted to paul stacey's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    although an exciting time for brum in the early 60's we losta great deal of our heritage, including many of these wonderful old...
  • ray evason
    The first one of these three is or was The Sun Inn and it was on the corner of Sun Street and Bristol Streen in 1964. The second one...
  • ray evason
    ray evason reacted to Richie's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The second photo (The Trees) has so much archive detail! Which would be the roads on either side please?
  • ray evason
    ray evason replied to the thread Colebrook Priory Mill.
    The old sail mill was in Windmill lane,a cottage is still standing which was opposite the windmill called " Windmill cottage" I moved...