• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by rank

1. R

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Re: upper thomas street sec mod boys school. Hi David, the only photo I have of upper thomas street school is one of mister gillard taken years ago when he was in his eighties, I can let you have a copy if you send me your e. mail address.
  2. R

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

upper thomas street sec mod boys school. has anybody got fotos or memories of upper thomas street sec mod boys school during the mr reeves b f jones harry hurford era, I met mr gillard the technical drawing teacher in northfield many years ago he was in his eighties but still active and compos...
  3. R

Lichfield Road Aston

ha ha yea brilliant. do you remember greens the papershop on the corner by the chippy use to wait for the evening mail and despatch van to turn up saturday night at six oclock to buy the sports argus, think it cost threepence then.
  4. R

Lichfield Road Aston

I tell you what I have shed some tears this week with all the memories and fotos, I wish my mom was still alive to read and see them.
  5. R

Lichfield Road Aston

guys use to come in to alberts to buy durex for the weekend, they was wrapped in a fine brown and purple paper then, bout a shilling I think they was mal or do you know different, ha ha
  6. R

Lichfield Road Aston

where did ya get that one from. ha ha ha
  7. R

Lichfield Road Aston

thanx for the pic astonite, I remember the wax singeing candels that he use to use for the hairline at the back and sides, god so dated now.
  8. R

Lichfield Road Aston

moss thanx for the pics I am keeping ok hope you are to, where did we meet? did we play for aston manor boys club together?
  9. R

Lichfield Road Aston

mal what was the name of the music shop? was it the band box or something like that?
  10. R

Lichfield Road Aston

thanks paul gorr any with me on? ha ha s.till got the one from villa park 1966
  11. R

Ansells Brewery

hello pete do you know where ken has been laid to rest I would like to place some flowers if poss, he helped me and a lot more people at ansells in the seventies when I worked there, great negotiator he was. regards peter rankin.
  12. R

Lichfield Road Aston

mal I dont know if you got my reply, but yes I remember the shop as my mate at school mike prince his dad had the electricians shop nearby, H.J.PRINCE, opposite albert robothams the barbers I used to get my hair cut there for threepence, it was next door to the music shop, I bought my first...
  13. R

Lichfield Road Aston

good lord that is amazing, we moved from 41 church street in town to 5/92 my mom beryl my brother ken and my gran as my dad was in the army royal warwicks and was posted to aden, we stayed and moved in with my gran,I remember carol gammige and her sister janet,carol went out with charlie...
  14. R

Lichfield Road Aston

jean my name is Peter Rankin I was the goalkeepe,r peter piper was my pal and played half back in the same side and worked in the bottling plant, sadly he died some years ago aged only forty nine years
  15. R

Lichfield Road Aston

hiya jean thanks for the welcome, I will ask my older brother ken he new everybody in those days, he used to be mates with the dawsons across the road by ortons the fireplace shop the back houses there used to back onto the old monkey run, just a note I worked at ansells brewery from 1970 untill...
Back