• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by PWE

1. P

Loveday Street Hospital

That'd be about right, as it had gone by the time I went looking for it in my teens.
  2. P

Loveday Street Hospital

That'd be about right as I was born in 1957 and I don't recall it being there when I went looking in my teens.
  3. P

Gillott Road Edgbaston

This image is currently on eBay (23/2/20) and described as Gillette Road. The seller also has one looking down the whole of Stanmore Road from Hagley Road. I have a very similar one (a sent postcard) of Gillott Road, presumably taken on the same day, which looks down Gillott Road in the exact...
  4. P

Broad Street Hospital

My mother Gwendoline Eckersley was born in December 1917 when her mother Leah Adams was caretaker at the Cripples' Hospital on Broad Street/ Sheepcote Street (I'm sure it's mentioned on her birth certificate), so she lived out her childhood in there before moving to Poplar Road, Bearwood, when...
  5. P

Broad Street Hospital

Hi. That is a No 5 bus. It used to travel from the terminus at the bottom of Selsey Road/ Portland Road to Perry Common, Court Lane. Then it came back as the Number 7. There was also a No 6 bus that began its route at Willow Avenue/ Sandon Road and then went in the same direction once the 2...
Back