• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Puggy

1. P

Asylum Road

Much appreciated . I guessed it was limited circulation. I was a child of the fifties/ sixties myself and remember my parents taking the post and mail daily, but I never came across this one. Just wondering when and if it went out of circulation? I'll certainly have a butchers at that link...
  2. P

Asylum Road

Thanks for the acknowledgements. Just wondering on a separate note if anyone has any recollections of the Birmingham Daily Gazette? Curious to know about its circulation? Cheers.
  3. P

Asylum Road

Hello All, I'm an exiled Brummie ( born n raised in Chudleigh Rd, Erdington) who was doing some family research on my late fathers brother, one James Herbert Ray. It seems he lived some of his all but short life in Asylum Rd, at 3 back of 14.... He sadly met his demise at Windsor Street Gasworks...
Back