• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by pudding

1. pudding

The Flag

Hi Mike, it was the corner building I was referring too as it did look like a public serving building and not a residential house.
  2. pudding

The Flag

sorry Mike I have the number wrong, it is number 73 I am looking for the info as this is the building I can recall being boarded up when I was a kid. sorry but thanks for marking out the number.
  3. pudding

The Flag

Phil, can you look up what number 75 Railway Terrace was please, as for the pub in question must have disappeared when L H Newtons was built.
  4. pudding

The Flag

Phil, I'm not too bad considering the time of the year for colds and flu thanks. The establishment we are discussing as I thought in my minds eye as a kid was at number 75 on your map that you have posted on here. Lyn.I have read on a FB group within the last week or two that all of Railway...
  5. pudding

The Flag

Hi all, I was in discussion with an old gentleman a little while back about the old pubs around Nechells area he said to me there was once a pub on the corner of Railway Terrace and High Park street by the name of The Flag? myself as a child 1960's can only seem to recall a boarded up old...
  6. pudding

October 2015 edition #175 Mikejee’s article

Mike has written a great article with his photos in Chinn's Brumagem magazine (October issue number 175) a good read well done Mike.
  7. pudding

New unseen photos with no locations

Phil, the photo slide of Gt Francis st Duddeston was scanned back to front here we are this is how it should look
  8. pudding

Phyllis Nicklin Photos

Hi all, I am made to believe from this statement on the web site Amelia Jane Nickin died on the 17th June 1969 ather home, 16 Middle Park Road, Selly Oak. Phyllis would be the official witnessto her mother’s death, and would sadly pass away herself months later on the18th November at the Queen...
  9. pudding

Phyllis Nicklin Photos

according to the Brumpic web site.... By the time the 1911 census was taken, the family were living at 18 Link Road, Birmingham. The family home consisted of Charles, his wife Amelia, and Phyllis who was approaching her second birthday The house marked with the ghost block must have been her...
  10. pudding

Woodman Public House Easy Row

A link to the previous thread https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37396&highlight=woodman+pub
  11. pudding

your welcome Lyn and cheers....hic!
  12. pudding

Hi all, see if this link works https://www.macearchive.org/Archive/Title/atv-today-08011965-woodmans-arms-pub/MediaEntry/8649.html
  13. pudding

Phyllis Nicklin Photos

If I was asked to pick one favourite photo of the 447 that is available to us all to see online, it is this one and the reason why is you can see the shadow of Miss Nicklin taking the shot. I think the lady deserves a blue plaque.
  14. pudding

Park Location

Thank you Mike, that's a little bit more info to the subject, much appreciated more the merrier.
  15. pudding

Park Location

Thank you Phil, for your reply and info relating to the photo. when I first saw the picture I thought it was Eliot st park (known locally as the old laddies park) but when I notice the chairs and the large roller for a green then no way, the building is very similar to the park keepers house...
Back