• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by prs777

1. P

Parisian Club Cannon Street

Alan it was up Needless Alley
  2. P

Parisian Club Cannon Street

great photo thinks. with the low roof I can't place the location on the street with all the old architecture? could it have been knocked down for the Pallisades, Pavillions, whatever ?
  3. P

Baylis & Wyrley

who can remember Baliss & Wyrley
  4. P

Bridges over the River Cole

are there any photos of the bailey bridge on Cole Hall lane ?
  5. P

Sheldon

the photo 380 of Babbs Mill on the River Cole, is off Gressel Lane, Tile Cross. crossing the bridge left to right you arrive at the lake at Kingshurst. The original Sheldon Hall is further down Gressell Lane, it's a restaurant today, the road continues to the junction by the White Hart PH
  6. P

Kingshurst

hi lyn, I moved to Kingshurst as a 7 year old with my family in 1959-60. we moved from 3/45 (Wellington Terrace), Park Road, Hockley to a middle floor flat in Foxwood Grove. I remember the fish n chip van because there was no chip shop and only prefabricated shops while the centre was being built
  7. P

Park Road Hockley

The Welcome Tavern on the corner of All Saints Road and Little Park Road courtesy of Ray Green
  8. P

Little Park Road, Hockley

thx lyn, it's called Park Road South now but don't know when it changed its name. I will take a look at your thread
  9. P

Little Park Road, Hockley

I was born at Little Park Road, Hockley and would like to know more about the history of the Road, it's housing and how it has developed (flattened). I lived in a back to back in the first run of houses towards the Lodge Road end, it backed on the Flat. These house were in a row and not a...
Back