• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pro Civitate

1. Pro Civitate

Broad Street statues c1930s

I wonder if anyone recognises this statue to the east of the Hall of Memory from the 1930s. It looks like it is by William Bloye or Alan Bridgwarer. I cannot see that it is listed in George Noszlopy's book "Public Sculpture of Birmingham" so it is a bit of a mystery.
  2. Pro Civitate

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

Here's a not very good photo from 1979, showing the Observatory.
  3. Pro Civitate

Notable Brummies

You basically have to have been dead for 20 years, for your legacy to have been suitably assessed. Whether you were born here, died here or you lived here for a time qualifies you for the association.
  4. Pro Civitate

Yes, that is always the way. You loan them out and forget who 'borrowed' them. Unfortunately, I have only the 1960 and the 1969 ones. They are both before my time (74-81), but I saved them from being thrown away when I was there. Who would have conceived that I would be posting a digital copy...
  5. Pro Civitate

Still have my blazer, and here is the school badge, complete with 'colts colours' for rugby service, awarded in 1976.
  6. Pro Civitate

Here is a link to the LBGTS September 1969 Magazine. I couldn't upload it as it is too big at 7MB: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmoctfbepp2uebj/LBGTS%20Magazine%20-%20September%201969.pdf?dl=0
  7. Pro Civitate

From the 1960 magazine:
  8. Pro Civitate

This is a 1960 Magazine. I have a 1968 one too.
  9. Pro Civitate

More Lordswood ephemera:
  10. Pro Civitate

Some Lordswood ephemera from 1974:
  11. Pro Civitate

Wyndham John

In 1911, his parents separated so his father becomes superfluous to the search, so it is where he lived with his mother. I have read that it was elsewhere and nearby in a smaller house in Edgbaston.
  12. Pro Civitate

Wyndham John

Not sure, but mother would have been either Gertrude Parkes or, more likely, Gertrude Harris.
  13. Pro Civitate

Wyndham John

Any ideas on where they lived , in Edgbaston. 1911-15?
Back