• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by podgery

1. P

Picture re-touch

It's a lovely photo there is no need to change it.
  2. P

Book Search

Hi Janet I have ordered this book and it's on it's way thanks
  3. P

Book Search

Thanks Very Much Both. I will certainly look at these books.
  4. P

Book Search

Hi it's a long shot but would anybody no of a history book concerning the development of Hay Mills, Small Heath, Yardley, Acocks Green, and Tyseley. Thanks In Advance
  5. P

Bread and Dripping

In My Teens I worked at a garage in Marston Green There was a small cafe across the road that sold dripping toast that was my every day breakfast.
  6. P

Small Heath Park shops Coventry Road

Brilliant Photo's made my day.
  7. P

Small Heath Tram Depot Coventry Road

Brilliant Photo's made my day.
  8. P

The Circus Comes to Sparkbrook.

Hi I spent many a happy time in the fair ground in the early 50s. We would go there open or shut to help or to hinder but loved the whole thing. I haven't been to a fair since but can still remember the excitement.
  9. P

The Circus Comes to Sparkbrook.

In the 50s 2 circuses used the Heybarnes recreation ground Bertram Mills and Chipperfields. The fair ground was on the other side of the river Cole.
  10. P

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Glenys my dad worked in K block starting in the late 30s he worked there for 30 years. My mother worked in A block through the war and they got married in 1943. Like you I went to all the Christmas parties and spent a lot of time at the sports ground. I was at the sports ground when they...
  11. P

Coventry Road Hay Mills

Hi I lived in Hay Mills till I was thirteen, I remember the police station and the bulls head but I can't place Forest road.
  12. P

Hay mills area

Was the Government surplus place called Wooten's I seem to remember this place being on the corner of Hay road and Cov road.
  13. P

Hay mills area

I went to Redhill school from 1950 -1955 played football and cricket for the school and yes played in the playground when we could.
  14. P

Hay mills area

Am i right the bus that turned at the half moon area was the 58B. I seem to remember having to get off the bus there and walk up to Redhill road from there when we caught it from town.
  15. P

Hay mills area

Eatonways coaches next to the rec, I mentioned this a few years ago on B'ham history and got shot down in flames. when I was a young 4 5 6 year old we often went on day trips with them and they differently had a base there glad to here someone else remembers this.
Back