• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by podgery

1. P

The Boys Brigade

Hi I played in that team once I was a load of rubbish never got picked again till the next season when I played all the games. I remember a few in the photo but except for Keith Dumbleton they were one year above me.
  2. P

Redhill Terrace, Hay Mills

Hi Yes if I remember right the CWS factory was on the corner of Arthur road and Redhill road everything they made was wooden. When I was a kid I loved the smell that came from the factory. Frankie Mole was no relation to the moles who lived in Redhill Terrace I believe frank mole and his family...
  3. P

The Boys Brigade

Hi Keith I lived in Acocks green then on to Hall Green but left B'Ham 25years ago to a small village near Atherstone. The only name I reconise of the 5 names you mentioned is the Dumbletons Keith was in the same year as me but he went to Oldknow road school so we lost touch. I move away from...
  4. P

Thank you
  5. P

Eileen I Can't see the date on the electoral roll could you let me have it.
  6. P

The Boys Brigade

Hi Keith I don't remember you by name nor do I remember Alan Smith, But I do remember Kenny Mole played football with him many times and I was a friend of Jonny Mole. Did you play football for the BB team or go on a camp with them. I lived in Arthur terrace off Arthur Road which was off Redhill...
  7. P

Hi Eileen, Rudge as I said were my Grand parents yes there were a lot of kids 6 Girls one was my mother & 2 boys. How they all lived in that tiny house I will never know, and believe it or not they also had a lodger living there. We moved to 12 Arthur Terrace in 1948 2 doors away from the piles...
  8. P

Tidy up

Thanks to both of you, I never expected such a good result thanks a lot
  9. P

Tidy up

Hi can anybody tidy this photo up please. I realise it will take some work but any improvement will be appreciated.
  10. P

Hi Eileen welcome. I can throw some names at you of people that I think were living in the terrace before and through the war. Redhill terrace 2, the Cox family, 3, Webb & Turners, 7, Rudge (my grandparents ) 8, Washington, 12, mole, 13, Parker, Arthur Terrace which was opposite 1...
  11. P

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi do you know which factory she worked in (Amington road Kings Road etc) ?
  12. P

sayings

One I heard a lot when I was a kid i'm flat broke.
  13. P

Rhubarb,

Done that many times loved it.
  14. P

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Not a problem when you get older but your right when your a kid its not very good.
  15. P

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Hi I feel like a young lad after reading some of these posts born 25/12/1944