• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pikeman

1. P

Bullet Damage to College Of Law

Finally got around to taking a few photos of the possible bullet scarring in the brickwork. The one photo seems to show a downward diagonal series of marks which appears to be shots from above, the other photo shows lots of pockmarks near the doorway of the building and could be bullets striking...
  2. P

There may well have been some damage caused by a bomb, but it looks more like bullet damage than a blast. Some marks may have been made by shrapnel from a bomb though. It does seem rather uniform damage though as though it was being shot at. Just seems strange that the building seems to have...
  3. P

Aston Hall

"For anyone intrested, here's a HD video slideshow of the 2013 Aston Hall by candlelight event: The photographs were taken on 2nd November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Nboo2QHtE The music is an edited field recording I made of the medieval ensemble playing live that evening. If you...
  4. P

Strangely enough there have been several car crashes there, railings were put up along the road at one point and within the week a car had hit them. The council (presumably) then built a raised concrete kerb there, presumably as a crash barrier. The damage to this building is definitely caused...
  5. P

It is fascinating to know this went on in our own city and the scars are still there to prove it. Strafing the streets does seem an awful thing to do. I suppose there may have even been anti aircraft gun on the roof of the building which may have provided a legitimate target.
  6. P

Someone pointed out to me strafing damage to the College of Law building on Great Hampton Street. There are three diagonal gouges in the brickwork near the alarm box. I walk past this building every week day going to work and the more I look at the building the more bullet damage I see. It used...
Back