• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Philgard7

1. P

Sparkhill Commercial School

Old bus routes bring back memories. 13 Stratford Road, Then Stoney Lane, Yardley Wood Road then left down Trittiford Road to the terminus by School Road. 24 Stratford Road to Showell Green Lane, then Yardley Wood Road all the way to the terminus by the bus garage (still in use today). No11...
  2. P

Sparkhill Commercial School

Well remember Mr Whipy, bought Tip-Tops there by the box. Also the corner shop opposite the school that used to sell pop by the glass (and single fags, naughty naughty)
  3. P

Larches Street Sparkbrook

Hi Pauline, I remember you well. My mom and dad were Sid and Joyce Gardner (sadly passed away in 2013 but at a ripe old age) my sister Kay and I were fixtures at the Warwick, the other three Craig, Neil and Mandy came along 10 years after us two. I remember your dad,Les, well.
Back