• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Phil Thack

1. P

St Barnabas Church Erdington

Anything wold be good.
  2. P

Thank you’s for help

I'm trying to find contact from the 50s and 60s. I was born at 5 Church Road Erdington in 1947. I went to Erdington C of E on the High Street and then to More End Lane SM. Left without any qualifications. But in real life I did OK. I'm looking to contact anyone who was in St Barnabas Choir...
  3. P

Moor End Lane, Erdington

I was Ertdington C of E 1950s, Moor end lane, Erdington Operatic society, Double 00 Digbeth, Alexes on the Queensway.. just needing to connect
  4. P

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm posting in St Barnabas? Some of the 70 year olds must of been in the choir!? about the late 50s. It was an all male choir. The organist was a Mr Brown! he also had connections with the YMCA at Erdington. I remember him from the sports hall. There must be some...
  5. P

Thank's for that. Yes I do understand the significance of Drums. Having spent 12+ years in the military. My Regimental drums were stolen/captured from the Russians (Sherwood Foresters 45/95 of foot). There are not many of us left who actually marched behind their own band. Last pre amalgamation...
  6. P

If I remember correctly, the coffins were made in New Street off the High Street. I used to go there for wood shavings for my Dads pidgeoin lofts, always seam funny how a 8 year old could look at coffins, but only there for the wood shavings...
  7. P

Once you start its hard to stop. I remember all the army groups and scouts forming up outside our house before entering the church. I often wondered why the odd one or two would be left outside looking after the drums? Why was that?
  8. P

Hi to you all. I have only just joined this group. This is my first post. Born and lived at Number 5 Church Rd in 1947 (now a car park) until I left home to join the Army in 1965. At some time my Dad worked at Hazels Funeral Directors and he rented a house from them (5 Church Rd). I had an...
Back