• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Phil Price

1. Phil Price

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

Hi Paul, Long time no speak, how are you? Cromwell Lane was above Adams Hill, past the old Tower Stores towards the reservoir. Just before thereservior, turn left into Cromwell Lane. it led towards Weoly Casle.
  2. Phil Price

I'd like to see the picture as well please. Hannah Guest was my Great Grandmother
  3. Phil Price

Cutler Family Bartley Green-schools-

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Hi, my girlfriend worked at Gillian's. We celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary next year. Gillian Fogg was the owner. Her maiden name was Chinn
  4. Phil Price

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Hi FRH, who was Gillian? I guess I need a prompt please
  5. Phil Price

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family The Tower Stores were situated in the Water Tower. There is a block of flats on the site now. I believe the tower was the old fire station.
  6. Phil Price

Items that have faded away

That sounds like Gee's Linctus. You can still go to a pharmacy and buy that but you have to ask the pharmacist for it directly. It is a controlled medicine and they'll either have a bottle made up or make one up there and then. - It contains opium so they'll monitor how much you have or come...
  7. Phil Price

Do you have private messages disabled? I cannot send to you
  8. Phil Price

I'll re-send it. may take a few minutes as I had to piece it together.
  9. Phil Price

Did you receive my PM?
  10. Phil Price

I'll see what information I have and send you a private message
  11. Phil Price

Pictures I have of William Ilsley Armishaw
  12. Phil Price

g Am I correct that Mabel was born in 1867 and married in 1896? Do you know her married name?
  13. Phil Price

trying to find out any details of a stillbirth

Not to forget my sister who would be 50 on Mothers day this year. How apt for this to fall on this special day and particularly as we have our whole family together this year. We can share a toast in her memory.
  14. Phil Price

Items that have faded away

Ahaa, I certainly remember the ones when the number was revealed and I didn't win Putting that to one side, do pubs and clubs still run "The Tote" - Numbers 1-30. when I was working at Morris Commercial in the late 1960's I had my very first go on the tote and I won. Well pleased with myself...
  15. Phil Price

trying to find out any details of a stillbirth

Due to the kind help from members of this site, I was able to quietly reflect on my stillborn sister' birth-date on March 10th - Never forgotten.
Back