• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Phil B's latest activity

• Phil B
    Phil B replied to the thread The Cadbury Family.
    Hi Geoff, great photo. John Cadbury opened his first grocer shop at 93 Bull Street in 1824, selling Tea, Coffee and Cocoa. Next door, at...
    • 1876 Corporation St proposal.jpg
  • Phil B
    To anyone who's interested here's Bull Street in 1840 showing exactly where 92 and 93 Bull Street are, the established businesses of the...
    • 1940 92-93 Bull Street.jpg
  • Phil B
    I see, thanks again for pinning numbr 93 and for imparting your knowledge. I always know your accuracy is second to none. Here's a...
    • Cadbury-Barrow 1824 - 2024 .jpg
  • Phil B
    Hi Mike, so are you saying your 1950 street map could be numbered differently in John Cadbury's time, mid 1800's?
  • Phil B
    Thanks Mike, interesting to see odd and even numbers on the same sides of the road.
  • Phil B
    Hi Mike, just out of interest can you pin-point 93 Bull Street please? I've found this 1840 ish street map while looking for "The...
    • Bull St - Meeting House.jpg
  • Phil B
    Today I received a reply from the Birmingham Civic Society about my proposal for a Blue Plaque for John Cadbury and the Blue Plaque...
  • Phil B
    Hi Janice I did check the website as you suggested and to quote directly from there ...."In 1998 English Heritage initiated a trial...
  • Phil B
    I apologise if I offended anyone, :( it’s all meant to be a bit light hearted and not to be taken too seriously. :) In the meantime, I...
    • John Cadburys Shop Bull Street.jpg
  • Phil B
    Hi Janice, if it wasn't for John Cadbury and his shop at 93 Bull Street there wouldn't be a business for his sons to inherit. Then where...
    • 1867 P.O. Directory.jpg
  • Phil B
    Hello MWS, The Cadbury's are intersting to me also because John and therefore his sons George and Rchard are my cousins, John is a 5th...
  • Phil B
    Hello Perocut, I have seen the Blue plague for George Cadbury on 32 George Road but I would have thought there would have been one for...
    • George Cadbury 32 George Rd Edgebaston.jpg
  • Phil B
    Hi Lyn, thanks for taking up the batten, when it arrives in the post let me know if you want it screwed to the wall? I'll send the wife...
  • Phil B
    Hi Lyn, thanks for volunteering lets us know how it goes, good luck.....
  • Phil B
    Hello Lyn, No, my post was originally asking if any one knew where 93 Bull Street is and was there a Blue Plague to commemorate John...
Back