• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Peter Harper

1. P

Cutler - Glass Merchants

A couple of hours before you sent your thank you my brother and myself were talking about my Mother and Fathers first holiday together in 1941 (before they were married). We know that they stayed with my Great Aunt Nell in Clevedon who I understand acted as chaperone. Did she ever live there?
  2. P

Cutler - Glass Merchants

Hello Glen, You probably have as much info. on the Cutlers as I do, William Cutler was my Gt Grandfather his daughter Eliza Mary was My Grandmother. I assume that her sister Nell was your great grandmother. The documents you posted are new to me but I do have a picture of William and his wife...
  3. P

Warstone Lane catacombs - Cutler family

Thanks again for information. It seems I have lots of ancestors in both of these places.
  4. P

Thanks again, I have family in both cemeteries any information is extremely welcome.Some I suspect quite close to me.
  5. P

Thank you so much for this information. Solomon Cutler who died aged 80 was my Gt Gt Grandfather. I have visited the cemetery many times but only suspected I might have family there. Not sure how to use the ref. numbers you have given to find where the the graves might have been, if of course...
  6. P

Harry Samuel Cutler Was the Grandson of Solomon Cutler who was a glass merchant and has the pub named after him in Broad Street. I would love to know where he was buried?
Back