• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Peter Cothill

1. P

Sycamore Road Aston

Hi Lyn, my great grandparents lived at number 7 around 1901-1911. Did you post the pictures?
  2. P

Phillips Street Aston

Mike, Looking at the old map I have which I think is 1888, there is a row of four houses behind no’s 80-86. If the Miller building is the tall modern looking building just left of centre in the foreground of the aerial photo, on the site of the old malt house, the upper storeys can be seen...
  3. P

Phillips Street Aston

Wow! Using an 1888 map (I think) I can now identify my great grandparents house. The isolated pair of houses at the end of the gardens are Court 2 which was accessed through an entry between 114 and 116. 114/116 are the two storey property in the middle of the three storey ones. The layout of...
  4. P

Phillips Street Aston

Super - thank you both. William and Caroline Webb were my great grandparents. Caroline died in 1922 and I have a photo of her in a back garden. This might help me confirm where it was taken by looking at the background. Also by looking at an earlier map and the electoral roll there weren’t...
  5. P

Phillips Street Aston

What an interesting thread. My Great grandparents and 8 of their children lived at 110a Phillips Street from 1903 and are recorded there in the 1911 census. Does anyone know why it was 110a and not just 110? Also is anyone able to locate it on a map? I can place the Talford in at 48 and count...
  6. P

Avenue Rd - Patshull Place & Mabel Place

Brilliant. Thank you both.
  7. P

Avenue Rd - Patshull Place & Mabel Place

Hi, I have located Avenue Rd Duddeston on some old maps and can reasonably confidently locate nos 32 & 34. I have ancestors who lived at 2 Mabel Place, 32 Avenue Rd, then 1 Patshull Place, Avenue Rd (no house number), and finally at 34 Avenue Rd, between 1891 and 1901. The maps show a number of...
Back