• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pete

1. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi Nanet B when you went skating were did you live at that time only I new Dave Burley well I work there my self Doc was in charge then and John stokes work there as well I find it great to b able to talk to people who went to the roller rink we had some great times...
  2. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi Nanet I think I no you from the roller rink I use to go at least 6 nights a week I was a friend of Dave Burley I Did work there part time do you no they do roller skating at the tower ballroom 3 times a month. O sorry name is pete I lived in Hockley in the good...
  3. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Have you been to the tower ballroom they have roller skating on a Friday night 3 times a month its a good night and lots of fun I went roller skating most nights and week ends had some great times there my name is peter
  4. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi Maxine I remember you and also Billy you went to the ring as many times as me I still do a bit of skating at the tower ballroom but it will never be as good as the ring All night skating do you remember john stokes I did help out now and again got on well with Doc...
  5. P

Davenports

Hi my name is Peter i worked at davenports i was a fitter Worked with a chap his name was patrick we would called him paddy i also new a girl her name was lynch she had a little girl i think her name was katrina i went to wembley with her dad dos any one no her
  6. P

roller rink springhill 1968

Hi my name is Peter this is great i went there about 5 times a week and on sunday afternoons what is your sisters name and where did you live i came from hockley I still do some roller skating at the tower ball room would love to hear from you
  7. P

Benson Junior School, Benson Road - any photos from the 1920s?

Hi Diane did you go to Benson and what years. Did you live in the area.
  8. P

Benson Junior School, Benson Road - any photos from the 1920s?

Hello Diane I worked at Benson J. I for 6 years i would say the school has not change to much. There is photos of benson type in photos of Benson Junior and infants school hockley. B ham. the school house is probably still the same i lived there for 6 years its still got the old cellar the...
  9. P

J. A. Maudsley, the City Architect of Birmingham

Thanks Lloyd for your reply my dad was a councilor at the time he was one who had him investigated thanks again
  10. P

J. A. Maudsley, the City Architect of Birmingham

Hi I belive he was done for fraud and deception. i was told it was to with the building of chemsley wood in B ham
  11. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi foxbat i remember Dave my name is peter i done a lot of skating at the ring with dave
  12. P

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi dalehunt i might know you both i worked there i was a red coat for a short time i spent most of my time on the ring. I remember to brothers names ray and keith they rode moter bikes. I remember pete the head steward he allways had a darksuit. I knew a lot of...
  13. P

Hello Wendy. My name is pete. I worked at the roller ring when doc was manager he was a nice guy it was very sad when it shut down i lived in handsworth my self greenhill rd just of rookery rd. I new john stokes he worked there as well he would do the odd jobs i did a lot of skating myself i...
  14. P

Hi lyn. Just to let you know i lived on lodge rd when i went skating. yes i still skate at the tower ballroom its on the 1st and 3rd of every month its starts at 9 oclock and its on till late its all ages the bar is open and you can have a drink. I had to boy new skates my old ones seen better days
  15. P

Hi lyn nice to be able to talk to other people from the good days at the roller rink can you remember many people. Did you live local when you went skating. i still do a bit of skating. did you go to any of the day sessions? theres lots to talk about Halloween nights when we would all go down...
Back