• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by persuasion

1. P

Lyncroft House, Handsworth Wood Road

Hi Jen, how lovely to hear from you, of course I remember you and your baby being named Elizabeth. You had a suede coat the same as mine and didn't you live in Erdington with a brother named Dougie or have I got that bit wrong? So pleased you have made contact with Elizabeth, is she near by and...
  2. P

Patty, we were there at the same time as I had David 29th December 65. We were well looked after and for the first 2 weeks remained on wing, where private patients were, and doing very little or just light work. Who delivered your baby? Marlene
  3. P

Thank you Ladylinda, I have sent my details to Differentanimal, just wait for replies now.
  4. P

Hello, I am Marlene and was at Handsworth Wood September 65 to March 66 and would be delighted to share my experiences of this time as the social situation was so different to that of today. Happily, my son has made contact and all is well, pity he lives in Southampton and I am in Brierley Hill...
  5. P

More about Woolworths

Sorry I do'nt, which counters were you on, I was on furniture in the basement, Mary Murphy was my supervisor, then hardware, Kitty Buckle was supervisor , then I was in basement cash office till I left July 1965 I married floor walker Peter Dufficy, still together, thats a feat these days.
  6. P

Balsall Heath.

Hello Iris, I was born at 4/18 hope street 1946 and went to Hope street school until about 1959 when I left 1st year seniors to go to Swanshurst Bi Lateral. Do you remember William's shop, Trippas's bakery? I remember Valerie Kench, she left Hope street to go to Greenmore College. I went to...
  7. P

More about Woolworths

I started work Sept 1962 as a Saturday girl in the old Bull Ring Woolies and we all had our photo taken for the Evening Mail as the team to move the next week into the new building. I met my husband whilst working there, he was a trainee floorman and I was then working in the cash office in the...
  8. P

Balsall Heath.

Hello Jill, I too went to Hope Street school from age 5 anyone remember me, Marlene Bach lived in Hope Street till 1960
  9. P

Hi, please contact me if you want further details especially if your relative was at Lyncroft around my dates, Sept 65 to March 66.
  10. P

I had my baby at Lyncroft House December 1965 and am delighted to say that Feb 2010 he contacted me. Unfortunately he lives in Southampton so we don't meet that often but unless it has happened to you no one can say what a relief to know your baby is alive and well and has a wonderful family. I...
Back