• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by perrybarrpest

1. P

Whisky A Go Go

you make my heart sing!
  2. P

Whisky A Go Go

great to know which plaza. this was the one we all walked to from witton and perry barr,unless we got the bus or taxi.you might remember the regular groups,dave lacy and the corvettes, the redcaps,the cheetahs,jeff lynne,uglys,2nd city sounds and many more.not forgeting goog old charlie simpson...
  3. P

Whisky A Go Go

carolina, this sounds like sean,mention of hob moor rd. rings a bell as where he lived in those days. would you be talking about the plaza rookery rd.?
  4. P

Whisky A Go Go

your right, the hob moor pub was sean,s regular in the sixties.i,ve remembered his squeeze from then called "may". it was may broadhurst,no offence meant to that crew if theyr,e on line,used to see them in tito,s, soho rd. quite tooled up, at least benjie was.Never forget sean recommended great...
  5. P

Whisky A Go Go

BOB,new to technology,only recently read forum posts,sad to hear of sean o,mahoney,s death.i worked on whittall site with sean at south st./delph (9locks) brierly hill about 1964/65. his dad, danny was a ganger on the site.i had to work their weekly production bonus out. i went with sean to a...
  6. P

Dance halls

astonian, i well remember some good sunday nights in stella,s, i,m certain they were "free and easy sessions". this venue was just on the left going uphill in park rd.,it was just past a wrought iron works called may,s gates.
  7. P

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

jd,i don,t know how bsa dealt with disgruntled clients but i do know how triumph cars under BL did.when the complaints about the triumph stag reached a crescendo from america all american agencies were told to include "barrs radleak" in their pre-delivery service.
  8. P

Pines Express 1950's

radiorails, i,m sorry i,m not adept at computing yet, i guess there is a way of hearing your song but didn,t laurel and hardy do it?
  9. P

Pines Express 1950's

john, i,m not sure where melvina rd is but the bridge we used is in wellhead lane. the rail ran behind tufnel,s factory andthe other side between george elliot,s and kynochs amunition works. we could only see by jumping the bridge side and clinging on with our heads above the parapet.as the...
  10. P

Pines Express 1950's

stan, i used to run from birchfield rd. school with my friends at dinner time to catch the pine,s roaring thru the bridge on welhead lane, on it,s way towards witton. usually it was pulled by what we called a "blackie" but sometimes a "blackie namer" (these were quite rare being so few of this...
  11. P

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

JD,there is a promotional video posted by PHILBEE, it may show something of interest. i havn,t viewed it ,cos i don,t know my around yet.go to the forum headed "B,HAM HISTORY NETWORK",click b,ham history and go to page 4 promotional videos posted by philbee in about 2009.
  12. P

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

brummy wench, thanks for your reply, i have removed my email address from the forum site on advise, how can you share emails if you can,t publish? anyway you may have noted mine.i hve had a look at the clearest photo of st. james fc and i,m sure john is on it,along with dave collins, alan...
  13. P

Steelhouse lane

chris, thanks for advise, i think i,ve removed detail.i have found some info about the felix bateman shop. it was right opposite newton st. and received bomb damage on april 10th 1941 but was still being used for electrical sales at least until the trams finished.regards, geoff
  14. P

sorry, i think i left my contact details on steelhouse lane postings
  15. P

dear g g jean, i am replying to your most recent post only in the hope you will notice my response quicker. my interest is bevington rd. where i lived as a child but browsing led me to mansfield rd. where you also had an input. here i saw names of people i played football with or went to...
Back