• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by penny

1. P

City Meat Market Wholesale 1897

This thread has been created from posts on the various Biringham markets. For details of each market see here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/guide-to-birmingham-wholesale-retail-markets.3073/ My dad worked at the Smithfield meat market, anyone got any picture they...
  2. P

Trinity Road

Re: Trinty Road yes correct. I have a picture somewhere.
  3. P

Trinity Road

Yes they sold the land, new houses was built. No I didn't know the Holmes family, left when I was about 5, but the house was not sold until 1978.
  4. P

Cox family Acocks green

Does anyone knew the Cox family Acocks green, they lived Fox Hollies road, the green wood avenue.
  5. P

Lucas Shaftmoor Lane Branch Works 3

My nan worked at Lucas did they do Cycle parts? I just look at a census and it say something about Cycles. My nan was Flora Cox nee harris.
  6. P

Trinity Road

Fab many thanks so much!! when I was little we had a pool in the back with loads of frogs, my dad also had goats and chickens. He sold the land at the back.
  7. P

Trinity Road

Lovely story good old days, would you remember cox family?
  8. P

Trinity Road

Wonderful, I remember!! Many Thanks for the picture.
  9. P

Trinity Road

Would you of known Harry Leslie Cox?
  10. P

Trinity Road

The house was 3 floors, I can remember my dad build a cottage in the back, and sold load of land to some builders, about 1969?
  11. P

Trinity Road

Re: Trinty Road Many Thanks I really cannot remember the area.
  12. P

Trinity Road

Re: Trinty Road Ok Thanks for info, I do not live in the area, I live Denmark, I am not sure how it is spelt. I was only young when I lived at that property.
  13. P

clarke family

Anyone knew the Clarke family lived at 47 Mulberry road, Smethwick.??
  14. P

Trinity Road

Hello all I was a young child when I lived at 45 Trinity road, Aston 1964. My parents sold the property in the 1970. Does anyone knew my parents? we lived next to a club. My parents rented the rooms out. My family no longer alive. Has anyone got any old pictures of the property? or any information.
Back