• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Peaky

1. Peaky

Garrison Lane Pubs

The Garrison Tavern as was...It was taken over by M&B Brewery.
  2. Peaky

Garrison Lane Pubs

3. Peaky

Ilmington road school, Weoley castle

Marcos has gone to prison aged 91 for sex abuse of children. He got nine years today at Birmingham Crown Court. 13th February 2015.
  4. Peaky

Ilmington road school, Weoley castle

Marco was sentenced to for 9 years in prison for child sex abuse.
  5. Peaky

Saltley / Duddeston & Nechells Area

The only Gate Pub I know is in Studley Street, Sparkbrook. So different now I'm afraid.
  6. Peaky

Studley Street, Sparkbrook

The lad in the photograph at the bottom of the children playing in the street (Studley Street) is Lenny Preston who married Rita Preston (nee Hayward from Mole Street) and lived in the same street after their wedding. Lenny is my uncle and his father lived in the yard down from him where he...
  7. Peaky

Garrison Lane Pubs

Thanks Lyn for your welcome to the forum. I'm having a great time searching the romantic view of what my past was about. Sad at times seeing all the places I used to play with my poor starving friends...Now all demolished and full of ghosts of the past. Best Wishes. Steve (Peaky) x
  8. Peaky

Garrison Lane Pubs

Me (Steve) and my brother (Marsh) filling our swimming pool with Mom's new saucepans. We lived at No. 14 Victoria Avenue, Mole Street, Sparkbrook.
  9. Peaky

Garrison Lane Pubs

My Uncle John Reynolds and wife Ann were the publicans at the Garrison Tavern (1960's) and on the third floor there was a boxing ring that was used for private fist fights early in the 1900's. John's pub dog was named Brutus and he would release him into the pub to clear the customers when the...
Back