• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by paulyx

1. P

Ansells Brewery

Your back then Faye ?
  2. P

Queens Road Aston (not Erdington)

I think this is the closest he ever got to seeing action against his European cousins, my opinion only. no offence meant. we lived at number 10 Queens Road in the 50s and 60s happy days thanks to our Armed Forces.
  3. P

Rum Runner

I think they played the "Le Metro" Club Livery St more than the Rum Runner.
  4. P

Home Guard

Howard Fisher Morris.
  5. P

Ansells Brewery

Ansells Youths 1967.
  6. P

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

Sorry he was kown as Aspro, and when I was playing for the Travellers on Aston Cross and he was managing Saltley Amateur Gardeners he came on as sub and scored a hatrick, he will be 80 this year,
  7. P

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

Yes Satchmo went on to manage Saltley amateur gardeners and possibly the Wolsey. Nice bloke off the pitch. ⚽
  8. P

Ansells Brewery

Paul Piper
  9. P

Ansells Brewery

Timmings or Lovell.
  10. P

Ansells Brewery

11. P

Ansells Brewery

S
  12. P

Ansells Brewery

No, Paul Piper.
  13. P

Ansells Brewery

By the way my father in law worked at Aston Cross he was there for 40 years he retired in 1982 his name was George Jordan, he was related through Marriage to Fred and Ada Harris of Village Rd and Arthur and Ivy Smith.
  14. P

Ansells Brewery

Yes Jean, I have left a lot of good footballers out but will make up for that in future post. Hope you are both well. ⚽
  15. P

Ansells Brewery

Mal Timmings, Peter Piper, Ted Ferris, Derek Kevan, Dennis Kennedy, Alan Dodd, John Cronin jnr, Alan Harrison, Bernard Cronin, Peter Madden, Paul Piper.
Back