• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by PaulR

1. P

Birmingham & West Bromwich ancestors

Great, if you can tie in my William Blackham I'd appreciate any info, Best regards Paul PM sent
  2. P

Hi Sheri I guess you will have come across John Blackham of the Pleasant Sunday Afternoon movement? I've yet to find the link but I'm pretty sure he will be related to 'my' Blackhams - there aren't that many in the area and mine were also non-conformists. I've managed to trace one of my...
  3. P

I know, you sent me the info before (re Emily Louisa and Sarah Castle) by email :D Gets confusing with all these forums doesn't it?! Best regards Paul
  4. P

No, I don't have any Longhurst info I'm afraid... are you after something specific? Paul
  5. P

Thanks all for the kind words. It's a shame the net at large can't be trusted enough for me to share all the info I have about each individual - it would probably fill a couple of decent sized books! I have also reasearched a little of my wife's tree which is also a bit Brummie :) , I'll post...
  6. P

Most of my maternal ancestors are from Birmingham & West Bromwich. There's a list of name on this page of my site and links to two (rather large!) charts: https://www.digdeeper.org.uk/?page=My%20Family%20Tree Might be of interest to someone? Paul.
  7. P

William Edward Street

Brilliant mikejee, thank you very much for that! Paul
  8. P

William Edward Street

Does anyone have a map of this area c1901 that they could post a fragment from please? I have someone on the census at 11 Court, 5 House. I also have someone at 7 Court, No 1 House, Digbeth much earlier (1850), any help appreciated with that also :D Many thanks Paul
  9. P

Nickless James & Sarah

Hello I wonder if anyone else is researching this family and if so whether you could let me in on anything?! James Nickless abt 1807 + Sarah (Whitworth?) abt 1807 Children: Mary Ann NICKLESS (1827-1828) Eliza NICKLESS (1828?- ) Alfred NICKLESS (1832-1838) Edwin...
  10. P

Newspaper look-up request

Thank you again, I knew about Gale but none of the libraries of which I am a member have subscriptions - typical! :D I'll check out the link you provided. Cheers Paul.
  11. P

Many thanks mikejee, thats brilliant! He was actually a colliery bailiff around this time so it fits nicely and is more 'grist to the mill' :) I have four other references to this newspaper in my files but I'm not sure where they came from... perhaps there is an online index? Do you have access...
  12. P

Hello Not sure if this is the right place to post this request but here goes :) I'd like to find out what an article or advertisement that mentions Richard Nevey in the Birmingham Daily Post on Tuesday, October 15, 1861, Issue 1009 is about. Does anyone have access to this title or visit a...
  13. P

Webley Family of Webley Scott gun manufacturers...help

A little off-topic but might be of passing interest... Eliza Holland, the domestic servant recorded on the 1861 census was my greatx2 grandfathers sister. Her father and other brother were pistol makers who lived at Virgins End (near present day Lyndon), West Bromwich. There were numerous gun...