• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by PaulR

1. P

William Edward Street

Brilliant mikejee, thank you very much for that! Paul
  2. P

William Edward Street

Does anyone have a map of this area c1901 that they could post a fragment from please? I have someone on the census at 11 Court, 5 House. I also have someone at 7 Court, No 1 House, Digbeth much earlier (1850), any help appreciated with that also :D Many thanks Paul
  3. P

Nickless James & Sarah

Hello I wonder if anyone else is researching this family and if so whether you could let me in on anything?! James Nickless abt 1807 + Sarah (Whitworth?) abt 1807 Children: Mary Ann NICKLESS (1827-1828) Eliza NICKLESS (1828?- ) Alfred NICKLESS (1832-1838) Edwin...
  4. P

Webley Family of Webley Scott gun manufacturers...help

A little off-topic but might be of passing interest... Eliza Holland, the domestic servant recorded on the 1861 census was my greatx2 grandfathers sister. Her father and other brother were pistol makers who lived at Virgins End (near present day Lyndon), West Bromwich. There were numerous gun...
Back