• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Paul33

1. P

The Vine Inn Dorridge.

Closed in 1928 :) !
  2. P

Crocketts Road, Handsworth 1901

I'm trying to find out anything about 116 Crocketts Road, Handsworth in and around 1901 when the census shows a William Howell present as a "coal dealer and greengrocer" although I believe it was owned and run by John Howell. Does anybody have access to any records or trade directories that...
  3. P

Metropolitan Road, Saltley

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place but my father was born at 9 Metropolitan Road, Saltley in the 1930s and I would love to see any images of this small road ..... as would my father who is struggling to remember much about it ! Does anybody have any photos or can point me at any...
  4. P

Young William (1860 - 1916)

Once again, very many thanks to all of you who have kick started my research ...... your expertise is much appreciated ! Now ...... where do I go from my new "stuck" point ?!!! I appreciate I may be asking for the impossible here but my ancestral tree now reaches back to WILLIAM YOUNG (yes...
  5. P

Where are you seeing this one ? I can't find it on Ancestry !
  6. P

This 1861 census record is not on FindMy Past but is on Ancestry ..... crazy ..... free trial started on Ancestry now !!!
  7. P

Why can't I find this 1861 census record on FindMyPast ..... I've tried each of those people in turn and there is no record !!! Help !
  8. P

Thanks folks ..... I'm officially excited now ..... can't thank you enough !
  9. P

Okay - many thanks - my positivity meter has swung a notch in the right direction !!! What about the first born to William and Elizabeth. She was born Ellen but was known as Nellie by a living relative a few years back. I've tended to find most first born females take the name of either the...
  10. P

This is a "definite maybe" but I can't find anything that tips the scales denitely one way or another. The biggest issue I'm currently having is that on William (b1860) and Elizabeth's marriage certificate of 1883, William lists his father William Snr as a "carter" whereas the Redmarley William...
  11. P

I have tried to find evidence of a Malvern born family and/or a Malvern born William Young prior to the 1891 census and have drawn a blank. According to his marriage certificate, his father was another William and there certainly is no William junior/senior combo pre 1891 in any of the areas...
  12. P

Desperately trying to convince myself regarding this one ! When William Young (b1860) married Elizabeth Howell, he claimed his father was born in Birmingham AND was a "carter" by profession. Also. the "T Young" - if I assume it to be Thomas - is very many years out from the birth certificate I...
  13. P

Thanks Shera ..... will definitely take a look !
  14. P

All the children's birth certificates I have show addresses in Birmingham and, mostly, Kings Norton ...... definitely not Malvern which is quite a distance away. I will look at the Malvern Young's and see if I can find anything of interest.
  15. P

Hi Shera ...... the Worcestershire link was merely Kings Norton as the Warwickshire/Worcestershire boundary was very much in Birmingham in those days. I have birth certificates for many of the kids and they are Birmingham or Kings Norton born so Malvern would rule this record out I'm afraid !
Back