• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Paul Mann

1. Paul Mann

VE celebrations

I recall taking part in a victory parade in 1945 or early 46. I was in the Air Training Corps at school. Any photos??? Also a classic car run between 1946 an 1954. It started form Broad Street. I was an apprentice at Roots Limited in Charlotte Street. We went in white coats to help anyone who...
  2. Paul Mann

Handsworth Park Victoria Park Handsworth

The building in this picture is the boat house at the end of the big lake just inside from the Hampstead Road entrance. The lake froze over in 1944? and there was a lot of skating. Paul.
  3. Paul Mann

Map Of W W2 Bombing

I got this map a long while ago. I think it was in a book about the bombing, maybe "Bombing of Birmingham or similar. baby brummie
  4. Paul Mann

Map Of W W2 Bombing

I have tried to send this map, without success. BUT, recently just browsing I found it om BHF under bombing I think. Good luck. baby brummie
  5. Paul Mann

Aston Technical College

I was on the mechanics and technicians course from 1946 to 1951, Mr Brtinat was the head of department. I worked at Roots Limited in Charlotte Street A Mr Cole was one of the teachers. I then taught in the evenings from 1951 to 1954 when I moved to Shrewsbury Technical College as a teacher of...
  6. Paul Mann

St Marys School Wills Street

Hello there. There seems to be some confusion as to where the school was, St Marys convent school had a main entrance in Hunters Road. There was also an entrance in Brougham Street into the same school. There was a school in Wills Street on the same side as No 8 and between there and Villa...
Back