• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Paul D

1. P

Eastcroft Garage, Coleshill Road Question

Aah, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.
  2. P

Was there a business around that area called Binks Carburetors back in the 40`s?
  3. P

Pipmk an Curly my apologies for not replying earlier. What years would you both be talking about?
  4. P

Morland Braithwaite Photography

Yes and no thank, interesting but would now like to find out where the photography archives are kept.
  5. P

Morland Braithwaite Photography

Hi, hope this is in the right place. Does anyone know what happened to Morland Braithwaite photography please. Perhaps someone's knows where their photographic archive went? I have seen an address in Stratford Rd, Birmingham in the fifties then Moseley in the sixties. Thanks
  6. P

Kings Heath.. 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade

Thanks everyone for your comments. Chris, thanks also to you for your interesting input. From what you say there were a number of units using Brandwood House for HQ and possibly the 192/69th. Maybe the large shed like building in the links picture you supplied was the drill Hall.
  7. P

Thanks for your reply Astonian.
  8. P

Hi, can anyone help please. Does anyone know where in Kings Heath the 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade were based in 1938 onwards. Is the building still there? The unit was later renamed 69th (The Royal Warwickshire Regiment) AA Regt R.A. I think the building where the unit trained was called...
  9. P

Phil, you are correct, the garage i am interested in is next to the Kings Arms. Interesting map details there. It does look right, Thanks.
  10. P

Hi, does anybody here remember Eastcroft Garage in Coleshill Road, Sutton Coldfield in the late 1940`s. I need to know if the yard at the back had two rows of lock up garages for general public. Thanks, Paul
  11. P

Moseley Road

Hmm, ok, thanks for looking that up for me.
  12. P

Moseley Road

One last look up Mike please. In the 1950 edition of Kellys does it have a K Miles living at 29 Queenswood Road, Moseley? Thanks.
  13. P

Moseley Road

Ok, thanks for looking.
  14. P

Moseley Road

Sorry, what I meant was, is there a Mr K. Miles listed as living in Moseley Road in 1950 or 1951? Thanks.
  15. P

Moseley Road

Hi, Would someone please look up Moseley Road for me to see if there is a Mr K Miles listed. I would like to know if he lived there in 51 too. Thanks.
Back