• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Paul CG

1. P

Mary Street, Balsall Heath. 1896

Hi, sorry I don't have any maps.
  2. P

Thanks Mike, I think this Frederick William Wilkes is not the same person who I am resurching, but the reference to a greengrocer is interesting, the F W Wilkes who is of interest to me, his father was listed as a grocer, so quite a coincidence. Thanks again, Paul
  3. P

Hi Lynn, sorry I hadn't, but I have now :) thank you. I think the line of resurch I was exploring was not for the correct person. So back to the drawing board, as they say. Paul
  4. P

Thanks for the information, I think the Wilkes in Mary St was a different person to the one that I'm interested in. The greengrocer lead is interesting though because my Frederick William Wilkes's father William was a grocer according to some census records. Thanks again, Paul
  5. P

Thank you Lyn
  6. P

Hi, currently I am resurching my Great Grandfather Frederick William Wilkes who was a carpenter/joiner, I believe he had his own business but can't be sure. On line I have found record of a premises at 68 Mary Street which was rented by a Frederick Wilkes from William James Morley in 1896. Does...
Back