• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by PatriciaH

1. P

Boars Head Stechford

Thanks for that, I did see somewhere that it was associated at some time with The Matchmaker. Wish I could find a picture of original pub.
  2. P

Boars Head Stechford

Not the same pub, but thanks
  3. P

Boars Head Stechford

Can anyone help with info about the Boars Head Pub in Stechford. My great grandmother owned the pub at one time possibly about 1925.
  4. P

George Dixons Grammar School

On the edge of the city mid meadows green The towers of the school to the north are seen Sturdy it stands neath a wintry sky Unmoved by the winds as they whistle by The home of the Red and Green Strenue Agas be it dark or bright A friend to help or a wrong to right This motto shall live in the...
  5. P

Deykin Avenue

Gillian is my cousin. She lived in Tame Road and i am in regular contact with her elder brother Robert. it was Robert who introduced me to this page.
  6. P

Deykin Avenue

Small world........Pat
  7. P

Deykin Avenue

She was same age as me approx ie Born 1944......but don't tell anyone!!!!!!! Pat
  8. P

Deykin Avenue

The Swinglers lived next door to my Gran (63 Deykin Avenue) John joined the AA as a patrolman. next door to them were the Longs, had daughter Carol who I used to visit way back in the 1950's
  9. P

Deykin Avenue

First time on this site, was introduced by my cousin Robert. My grandparents Walter and Sarah Houghton lived at 63 Deykin Avenue and my dad ,also Walter, was born there. When he married he moved to Nelson Road Aston which is where I was born. Grandad was a plumber and so was my dad. He set up...
Back