• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by patricia woolsey

1. patricia woolsey

Brummie Ghosts

I think the shop I work in is haunted, I've often felt as if someone was putting their hand on my back but I turn around and nobody is there. It only happens when I'm at work
  2. patricia woolsey

Ghost signs of Birmingham

The house where I grew up in Dudley Road, Winson Green had "This is Davis's" painted on the front, I suppose that would be classed as a ghost sign. Sadly, the house has been demolished now but someone on the Winson Green in the '50's, 60's, 70's page on facebook has posted a photo of it on there
  3. patricia woolsey

Beatles at Odeon 64 and 65

Me and my brother queued up all night for tickets in 1965,. I remember the concert, couldn't hear a thing for all the screaming. Can't remember who the supporting act was tho, wasn't all that interested at the time, but if anyone can remember I'd be interested now hahaha. the year before I won...
  4. patricia woolsey

Hare of the Dog Wellhead Tavern

the wellhead tavern in franchise street was round the corner from wellhead lane, perry barr. I THINK the landlords name was Keogh,
  5. patricia woolsey

Co-op high st bham

I can't remember the name of the manager although, I can remember what he looked like!
  6. patricia woolsey

Co-op high st bham

In the late 1960's I worked in the cosmetics department on the general counter on the ground floor. I remember Pat Fall and Mollie Longmore, we used to sell stuff like Nivea cream and Oil of Ulay etc. There were specific counters for Max Factor, Coty, Revlon and Yardley who had beauty...
  7. patricia woolsey

Off to town on the 53 bus

the smethwick buses were all scrapped - and replaced with new bus routes and new numbers at the end of october, I go to work on the 53 now and I use a west midlands bus travel card . I get on at the Queens Head in Smethwick and go to Bearwood Road. Also, the 99 bus runs along Harborne High...
  8. patricia woolsey

Off to town on the 53 bus

the 53 goes around smethwick these days
  9. patricia woolsey

Groups We Have Seen Live

I've seen loads of the 60's groups including the Beatles (twice) - Last week I saw the Pointer Sisters and the week before I saw Boys II Men
  10. patricia woolsey

roller rink springhill 1968

I used to love going to the roller rink in the 60's. I remember Doc Linsey and Les Ross. I remember how Les would put on an L.P. so he had time to go to the loo and always forgot to change the record speed so it would play too fast and sounded like the chipmonks
  11. patricia woolsey

old drawings

I went up town today and stood on the corner of newhall street and cornwall street, the building from the drawing is easily recognisable and the post office tower is exactly where it appears in the drawing
  12. patricia woolsey

old drawings

I'm really curious - who is D. Dugmore? he could be a relative of mine
  13. patricia woolsey

old drawings

what's the 'D' stand for in D Dugmore?
  14. patricia woolsey

Brummie Ghosts

Astonian, I was only a small child in 1960, my incident didn't happen till a few years later
  15. patricia woolsey

Brummie Ghosts

Hi Astonian, Sorry, that story in the local paper wasn't mine. I never even told my parents, they used to say 'there's no such thing as ghosts' . I'd be interested to know about the story in the paper though and who the lady from Dudley Road was.
Back