• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by patb

1. P

Hines-Randall

I dont know if its any help to you, George Longbottom was born in 1874 to Alfred Longbottom & Mary Ann Hines Randel Mary Ann was born in 1847 to Richard William Hines ( born 1804 in Birmingham) & Eliza ? born 1816 in (Linconshire/ Lestershire ?
  2. P

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hello Lily, My Gt Grandmother died in RHH & is buried in the grounds in 1893, she was only 39 yrs old, I know you cannot pass on photo's but is there anywhere I could view them ? her name was Elizabeth Roberts, I have seen some of her records she was in Powick in Worcester before RHH opened. Pat
  3. P

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hi Jess My Gt Grandmother was in Rubery Hill Asylum she died there in 1893 & was buried in the grounds, I found a lot of information at the old library they have an old plan of the burial ground but it i couldn't pin point where she was buried ,most of the grounds have new houses built on now...
  4. P

Rubery Hill Asylum

Hi Jess My Gt Grandmother was in Rubery Hill Asylum she died there in 1893 & was buried in the grounds, I found a lot of information at the old library they have an old plan of the burial ground but it i couldn't pin point where she was buried ,most of the grounds have new houses built on now...
  5. P

Birmingham Municipal Bank

Re: Birmingham Municipal Bank memorial Hello Perry Commoner. I don't think my husband had much use out of it we have been married 53yrs & I have never seen it in use, I wonder when they were last in use ?
  6. P

Birmingham Municipal Bank

Re: Birmingham Municipal Bank memorial Hi My husband also still has his home safe.
  7. P

Birmingham Old Time Boxers Club

May not be very clear, but this an artical from Sunday Mercury August 1947.. bare knuckle boxer ..Boke Bassett a relative of my husband. Pat
  8. P

Birmingham Old Time Boxers Club

Hello Berger50, This may be of interest to you, the headquaters were in Regents Park rd Small Heath one of the stewarts was my husbands uncle George Bassett...this must have been in the 60's, Pat
  9. P

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Hi Berniew I think we were both right about the fire I didn't remember Dale Forte next door , but I don't think 1980 was the right year it was definatley 1959/60. I remember watchin the fire & it was before I got married in 1961. Pat
  10. P

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

I remember a fire on Coventry rd I always thought it was Littlewoods store about 1958, dont know if that was another fire I know Hitchens ? catalogue shop took over Littlewoods shop. There were 2 terraces that led from Greenway st to Cattell rd ..one was called Berkeley Place the other was Mount...
  11. P

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Hi, Don't know if this will work, first time I have sent a photo, this was my fathers greengrocers shop on Coventry rd taken about 1927.. I can find out the number but it was a couple of doors up from the Oxford pub that was on the corner of Greenway st. keeping my fingers crossed, Pat
  12. P

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Hi, I think the cook shop now was Robotthams where they sold the hocks, Bywater was the slaughterhouse in Greenway street where I lived, there was also Shellys chemist on the same side up past Woolworths & Littlewoods the son was in the magic circle if I remember right. Pat
  13. P

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Hi, I worked at Glarry's gown shop on the Cov when I left school in the 50's, can anyone remember Priest's the hardware shop just above Glarry's he kept the stock upon shelves all up the wall & used very tall ladders to get it down he knew where everything was & he was alway's smiling, &...
  14. P

Greenway Street, Small Heath

Hi If anyone from Greenway street is interested Fred Burnette who lived at the top end next to Susan Maughan is hopeing to do a Greenway st reunion if he gets enough response ? I will PM you his email if anyone is interested. Pat
  15. P

TILTON Road, Small Heath

Hi Paul, You may find this website interesting ? www.freecen.org.uk. click search database. Dont fill in the left hand side leave it at 1891...where it says street put Kelynge street (this was Tilton rd in 1891) where it says census place put Warwickshire, then click search, you should then...
Back