• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pat Downey

1. P

Steelhouse lane

My father was a copper n Brum for 30 years, with Steelhouse Lane being his HQ. He was promoted to Inspector in 1946 and became the resident inspector of the Perry Barr Police Station until his retirement. He narrowly escaped a bomb directly hitting the Steelhouse Lane HQ in WWII where several...
  2. P

Handsworth Technical School

Yes. I attended HTS from Jan 1953 thru Dec 1955. Loved it, except for Mr. Sheldrake, the chemistry master who always seemed to scare the you-know-what out of me. Patrick Downey
  3. P

Birchfield Secondary Modern School

Me too. Started HTS in January 1953.
Back