• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by pash

1. P

Archive Footage

The shop was in Corporation Street, I worked in the Accounts Office in 1966 which was in Blucher Street.
  2. P

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Hi Penny, I also left in 1966 so I must have known you but regret just can't place the name. Still I hope you are keeping well and enjoying life.
  3. P

Lived in Anglesey Street, Lozells when I was very young up to about 7 years of age attended Anglesey Street school, then went to Calshot Junior School in Great Barr and later to Perry Beeches Sec School
  4. P

J. R. Gaunt & Son Ltd., Warstone Works

Did you know my mother Margaret Ashford who worked at Gaunt's soldering the fastenings to the back of badges, she passed away in 1981
  5. P

J. R. Gaunt & Son Ltd., Warstone Works

My mother Margaret Ashford worked at Gaunt's for over 30 years up until 1980, regret she passed in January 1981 she used to solder the fasteners to the back of badges.
  6. P

Rookery Road dance hall Handsworth

Yep, it was the Plaza, a great night club, I used to go there around 1968
  7. P

My name is Paul Ashford, don't know why people don't use names!
  8. P

Hello HarryR, Brings back memories all those teachers names etc. I was in the same class as Rosemarie Bishop and I think my brother went out with her sister Sheila. Also remember Ann and Linda Berry.
  9. P

Hi, I remember every point you have made, all very true. Alan Glover used to live in a cul-de-sac, it was off the Queslet Road by the M6 Flyover, John Davies lived next door to him. I remember Harold standing Victor Otte on stage and introducing him, telling us we must not do this or that, and...
  10. P

Hi, I was in the same class as Rosemarie, say hello. Paul Ashford
  11. P

5th Dec 2010 Perry Beeches School, I remember it resembled Colditz in both appearance and the way it was run when I was there 1961-1966. Harold Edge would have made a superb commendant with Herr Caldicott second in command. P.J.McShane doing 60 Benson a day could have been in interrogation...
Back