• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pamela Carlton

1. P

Birmingham boxers?

I agree Smiler.Thanks for your reply. Pamela
  2. P

Birmingham boxers?

Hello Smiler, My Uncle Joe Nurrish was a Birmingham boxer around the same time as your Billy Cain. I don't suppose anyone knows of Joe Nurrish but i remember my mother had kept a beautiful clock and 2 iron fire dogs plus other prizes that he had won also his old boxing gloves.I don't know at...
  3. P

Lewis's Department Store

Colin, Lovely happy pics, they bring back such lovely memories. Thank you.
  4. P

NURRISH 1869 or later BIRMINGHAM

Does anyone know of any member of the Nurrish Family in Birmingham.Although this is the correct spelling of the name it may sometimes have been spelt in other ways. My Grandfather William Nurrish was born in Birmingham in 1869 His Father was John. William Nurrish was living at 4th...
  5. P

Lewis's Department Store

Thank you ss61, I remember the problem with the birds but, didn't realise the monkey was also contageous
  6. P

Lewis's Department Store

thank you for sharing lovely times
  7. P

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

I used to play for Paget in the Netball team. We were a great team but, looking back I don't think I thought anything of it then I just enjoyed the game. Great time. Also enjoyed art with Miss Waters (or Walters) she was a realy nice teacher. I also remember a Miss Ward,rumour had it that she...
  8. P

Lewis's Department Store

Hello Stitcher, I have searched through the old messages but can't find any mention of a pet shop on the top of Lewis's I am sure that I purchased 2 little chicks from the pet shop. They grew to be 2 large cockerels.Although my parents were not pleased with me, as used to keep hens, they said to...
  9. P

Hello Lynda. Yes Mrs Edwards Teacher at Paget road School was married to Mr.Edwards in boys school. Mrs Edwards was one of my teachers apart from other lessons she used to take us for needlework. I was at Paget Road School in from about 1949 after attending Paget Road Infants School. My...
  10. P

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Paget Road Secondary School. Pype Hayes, Birmingham. Edit. Link to Paget Road School thread is here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/paget-rd-school-pype-hayes.11690/
  11. P

Did anyone attend Paget Road Secondary School. Pype Hayes, Birmingham.I started there in 1946/47 and my sister started there 7 years before. My eldest sister was 21 years older and she also attended the same school but I am not aware of what date or how old she would have been
  12. P

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Hello Maryrose, I was looking through old posts of factories and spotted yours.You mentioned that your Father workes at Fort Dunlop as my Father did. Could you tell me what years your Father worked there as my Father worked there for many years. Best wishes, Pam
  13. P

Icknield port road

Fellowkev, Just read your old mention re; Icknield Port Road. Yardley.In 1871 My Grandmother and her siblings plus my Great Grandparents all lived at, 2,St.James Buildings.Icknield Port Road. The name was Pardoe. 6 of them, in one of those tiny houses. I think they would have considered...
  14. P

Pilgrim Dr

Hello Sue, Wow I am very new to this site and have found some amazing memories. I was scanning through and found an old message from you RE; Dr.Pilgrim. He was our family doctor. It was not very often that he came to the house but when he did my Mother got out the best china to make him a cup...
Back