• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by pam1511

1. P

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Barbara I was Pamela Mann parents lived in Pelham road
  2. P

Arthur Street, Small Heath

Did you know a family called Hampton
  3. P

St Judes Church Hill Street

yes and the font where my gran was baptised! How sad
  4. P

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

I am a member of The Beaufort Club,I attend their dances on wednesday and sunday it is very friendly and well attended,hope it continues.
  5. P

THE BARN SOCIAL CLUB

I go to the dance at the Barn every tuesday night.
  6. P

Jobs you did after school and Saturdays.

I worked at Beauty Box hairdresser's alum rock road,friday after school and all day saturday 1965/66 and then went to work in a cigarette and sweet kiosk in Corporation street all day saturday it was close to harry Parkes sport shop and the law courts.
  7. P

Palestine

My dad served in Palestine in the R.E.M.E 1945-1948 his name was Michael Mann
  8. P

Hodge Hill Girls Grammar School

Hi Gill My form mistress taught history but can't remember her name.I remember Dinah Niblett,Sue Scott and Moira Rooney.Girls in my class were Sandra Walker,Christine Hyland,Catherine Sweeney,Wendy Byron,Susan Jones,Janet Pratt,Carol Tudor,Deborah Prentice.
  9. P

Hi Gillflower I was in your years at Hodge Hill so we must know each other.What was your name and who's class were you in?Pam
  10. P

Hi Dyan I went to Hodge Hill Girls school 1963-1968.I remember Miss Rolfe and Miss May.....she terrified me!! Maths teacherMrs Thomas also terrifed me,Mrs Maxwell history,Mr Hardwick,Mrs Harris english.Will have to have a think as my mind has gone blank....having a senior moment. Pam
  11. P

I Wasn't A Evacuee But I Spent A Month Here

What a great picture,we don't get snow like that anymore !!
  12. P

Vyse St- Jewellary Qtr - how do you say it?

I have a friend who's surname is Vyse pronounced vize
  13. P

First Film Your Parent Took You To See

First film was Lady and The Tramp at the Castle cinema Castle Bromwich 1950something.
  14. P

Geoff Woolley REME

I Have Samuel Woolley mariied my grandmother in 1942 they lived in Alum Rock.Also my dad was in the R.E.M.E and lived in Alum ROck
  15. P

Beatles at Odeon 64 and 65

I was at the 1964 concert about 6 rows from the stage,the girl next to me fainted and was lifted out by the security men....what a waste of a fantastic concert..bet she regrets that happening now!
Back