• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by pam m

1. P

Preedy Alfred Tobacconist

Hello Jackey what year did you work please?, yes was great working there!, met so many people.
  2. P

I think you put me on the record department counter under a girl called Monica Hayes who was in charge loved that job, I remember dressing up as a Mr man and stood outside the shop we also did a cowboy and cowgirl day this was when Preedys was in the bigger shop over the road have you any...
  3. P

Harborne

Hello Samlilly, I myself went to Station road school in the 60s, those names ring a bell mrs Dunnit and Mr Jenkins, have you got a picture of the cottages in North road at all it would be lovely to see them, I grew up in Gordon road not far from the fruit and veg shop on the corner
  4. P

Exeter Road Smethwick

Hi Rosie, just what I am looking for thank you so much Pam
  5. P

Exeter Road Smethwick

My Aunties lived on this road has anyone got any pictures of it before it was all demolished please?
  6. P

Victoria park bakery

Tabatha what year did they have the shop untill?, was there a Wimbush bakery shop near by?
  7. P

Preedys in Harborne

Larry was you still manager when the shop moved over the road?
  8. P

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the actual Preedys shop in Harborne as I worked there in the late 70s thank you would very much appreciate it Pam
  9. P

The harborne Pub Song!

Can Barabara A private message me please i cant seem to find your reply to this thread thank you
  10. P

Teddy Sandfords cafe smethwick

Hi Ron, awwwww thankyou for sharing these memories:) , have you any pictures at all? as you can see by reading this thread my grand dad and father visited this cafe often mayb you may remember them my grand dad Charles Jones was a very big bloke and did scouting for the albion and the villa also...
  11. P

Harborne

Hi, im trying to find out how old the property was i grew up in it was on gordon road .as it always been called gordon road do you know ? and of corse any other info would be brilliant thankypou
  12. P

lordswood maternaty hospital

Hi, does anyone have any info or even pics on this maternity hospital in lordswood road harborne, would realy appreiciate it thankyou :)
  13. P

Bogarts

Hi, John yes i think bogarts was upstairs n the beer keller down lol, i remember the beer keller had wooden benches n strong lager lol, alot of hen nights was celebrated in there :)
  14. P

Bogarts

hi, does anyone remember this pub?, i went there in 79/80 with my friend Joanne Eaton who sadly tragicly died not long after then, we were thrown out as my friend decided to put er finger up at the bouncer lol great pub, when we could smoke n let our hair down n booze was cheap, if anyone has...
  15. P

zanzibar hurst street

Hi, Claire i dont realy know wasnt that ocearna? i never went there myself but my daughter did and she only went about 3 times lol
Back