• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Paigntonplace

1. P

Bromsgrove Street

Hi Ladylinda - Thank you for responding. I believe that No 57 was known as the 'Ring O Bells' - my quest is to find a photo of that establishment !!!!!!!!! I understand that No 57 was a 'beer house' not a full blown pub. Please correct me if I am wrong ! My Great GrandFather was Albert Walls...
  2. P

Bromsgrove Street

Hi Can anyone help ? Does anyone now where I might find photos of Bromsgrove Street in the early 1900s. does anyone have any they would share ? My GrandFather was born at number 57 in 1909. Trying to put photos/images together with a family tree. Thank you in advance Regards Wendy
  3. P

Butler Street, Small Heath

THANK YOU so much !!!
  4. P

Butler Street, Small Heath

Hi - HELP !! Please Can you direct me to the photograph you were discussing with 'voice of sport' ? I have tried to find it but am getting hopelessly lost. I am interested in any photos/images of the Butler Street area (my Grandmother was born in Butler Street in 1904). Thank you !! Wendy
  5. P

Rose Family. Balsall Heath, Aston, Kings Norton

Hi Maggie - It is too early to tell if we are related. We need to do a bit of digging around - especially relating to the details of your GrandFather Owen Rose. I will send you a private message via this forum so we can talk specific family details. Cheers Wendy
  6. P

Hi - Great to find another 'Balsall Heath Rose'. Please can you send me some details about your GrandFather !! (Private Message if you prefer !!) Cheers, Wendy
  7. P

Hi David - I am most definitely interested in anyone with 'Rose' links. I have amassed a fair amount of information relating to the 'Roses' - specifically my Great GrandFather (William) - I would be more than happy to share what I have !!!! I will send you a private message - to arrange a...
  8. P

GRAZIOUR (Kings Norton area)

Thank you - your time and help is very much appreciated
  9. P

GRAZIOUR (Kings Norton area)

Hello again everyone - long time no see !! Can anyone help? I am looking for the surname GRAZIOUR (I am helping a friend trace her lost family). Having found William Graziour - born 1904 - we are now looking for : George Graziour - Born 1909 Alice E Graziour - Born 1911. It is believed that...
  10. P

Ring of Bells Bromsgrove Street

Hi Everyone - its been a while since I was last on line - hope everyone is well and enjoying this Autumnal Sunshine. Can anyone help - I have a query and am not sure who to approach ..... My Great GrandFather Albert Walls (born c1872 Balsall Heath) is listed in the 1911 Census as a 'Manager...
  11. P

Shakespeare Street, Sparkhill

Shakespeare Street Sparkhill Hi 'Badger' What era / dates are you talking about? My Dad lived in St Johns Road (Right hand side of St Johns Church) in the 1930s/1940s/1950s - and knew almost everyone in the area - including folks livings in Shakespeare St. Cheers Wendy :):):):):)
  12. P

What was a 'Bran Carter' ?

Hello again Colin Can you help solve a mystery please. You kindly gave me a host of information relating to my Great Grandad - William Rose (see post 16 dated 20th June). From my 'amateur' diggings I believed Williams' father to be THEODORE ROSE (Born abt 1831). I recently received a...
  13. P

Colin - Thank you so much - this info is of great help. Cheers, Wendy :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  14. P

To Colin B - Thank you for taking the time post the attachment - now I'm going to be VERY cheeky and ask if you would post a copy/attachment of the entire entry for the Rose Family. I'm looking to confirm the address at the time of the census and who was there. Much appreciated Wendy
  15. P

THANK YOU everyone for your time and input - just knowing is invaluable. THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! Cheers, Wendy :) :) :) :) :)
Back