• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by padget

1. P

Deep Rock Pop

Hello alison do you rember the factory and any thing about it
  2. P

Great Lister Street and surrounding streets.

Re: weston street nechells. ro you remember a hodson family who livid there cheers
  3. P

Dance Studios Wood End Road Erdington

Re: woodend road erdington dance studios hi betty found pat prince she has remarried and living by blackpool i spoke to her last monday and she is still dancing on cruise ships do you want her phone i got a couple medels married another dancer who whent there did you ever go to london and...
  4. P

hi betty how did you find pat in blackpool because she remarried to a douglas george around 2005 i was told she or they teach dancing on cruise ships ok
  5. P

hi betty yes a bronze medal in ballroom i married my dancing partner i was there from 1964 to 66 then back around 1970 for a while im trying to find pat ot bob princr any idea thanks
  6. P

can anybody remember the dance studios on woodend rd erdington with the teachers bob and pat prince i whent in the mid 60s
  7. P

Fisher & Ludlows factory

can anybody help on one of my walks down to bandq on chester road erdington by the spitfire island i past the old fisher and ludlows factory now jaguar cars and on the last gate before you cross over to castle vale there is a couple gates made up of propelers can anybody tell me about these...
  8. P

Erdington Streets

hi coopbill7 i found my 1st bike in that brook a good coat of paint and some wheels and other bits off my brothers old bike and i was away do you remember the start of it .i looked at some old maps before the housing estate and it starts from behind the church on chester rd i think there is an...
  9. P

Erdington Streets

hi there talking about Springthorpe road do you remember the stream that went under Paget road and Pype Hayes road ended up in the spinney by Tyburn road can you tell me where it goes next did it go to the tip back of the Forget Me Not club also anybody remembers the stream next to the fish and...
  10. P

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

Hi There Anybody remembers Mr Hughes with his afternoon stories about Biggles that keept us all quite till home time and stories about when he was a policman Paget school 1953 till 1957 road till 1965 i lived corner of Paget and Varley road names im looking for Duffy ,Wherrett,Hodson...
  11. P

horse troughs. victorian post boxs ,old gents loos

are there any horse troughs victorian post box .old gents loos still about in brum if so please let me know ive seen the loos in jewellery area also around digbeth area im interested in is St Mathews Terrace Gt Lister street was born there 40s Loxton Street School 40s names duffy, Hodson ...
  12. P

Duffy,Werrett,Talbot,Theay,Kane,Barett,Walker

hi there babbyboo the kanes i knew where Bill (William ) and Mabel i cannot remember the names of there children we all livid up a yard address was 5/108 Gt Lister street cheers
  13. P

edward v111

cheers alf but i seen the one in clay lane but can anybody tell me the street with this one on also do yo know anyone who was living at St Matthews Terrace Gt Lister street 40s 50s names Hodson,Duffy.Wheerrett,Cain,They,Walker,Talbot im sorry i posted in St Martins
  14. P

edward v111

can anybody help me just started to collect pictures of rare old post/letter boxes and i found this picture of a Edward V111 post box but can you tell me the street it is in birmingham also have you a Queen Victoria post box in your area please let me know or any odd post box cheers
  15. P

Capenhurst Harold

Re: Harold Capenhurst cheers Alberta for that info manythanks
Back